2015 Schedule

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shane,

I never said how the vote went. I only said it was almost unanimous and no one voted to race both tracks (which was the point). Think about what happened when this class was split before - I37 & STS. CC drivers rarely came to I37 and I37 drivers rarely went to STS. In case you've forgotten STS only had 4-6 cars, I 37 10 - 12 cars. When I37 closed we voted to go to STS even though SOS also invited us to race there. At the time my feeling was that if we went to STS it would combine the cars and give us a bigger car count, which it did, but not to the extent it should have. Some of the drivers just felt it was too far to drive to CC to race.

So now we've raced 2 years at STS at a huge expense to all of us that are from Pleasanton and north. In other words, let me put it real bluntly - we saved the class at STS (to their advantage and to our advantage).

As far as the people that want to race at SOS doing it for their own advantage...... of course they are, just as the people that want to race at STS are doing it for their own advantage. In fact, you even told me you wanted to race at STS because both tracks are equidistant from Pipe Creek, but the road is better to CC. That sounds like you were thinking about wear and tear on your truck. Some people might think that's pretty selfish especially those that are spending over $200 each time they drive to CC when Goliad would be 1/2 that. Maybe it's time for the CC area drivers to sacrifice a little and support the class in Goliad. Otherwise we will both witness the demise of our class.

Johnny,

Try counting the cars just in New Braunfels (5), then add the surrounding area (3). The point is only 2 of the 8 are racing at STS.

cblgdc,

They're not phantom, but you're right, they probably won't race at STS but I have it on good authority they will race at SOS. You might try getting those 6 - 8 phantom CC cars to come support SOS, then you might be able to shame them into racing STS. Hahahahahaha!

Nick I hope you choose very carefully what you delete and leave up so ever ody has a chance to see what everybody feels I strongly believe if the track sees some of the opinions they can change things next year has not gotten here til next year nothing is set in stone everyone knows that every track changes rules and standard operating procedures mid season also

Nick I hope you choose very carefully what you delete and leave up ...

I just do my best and I'm sure I mess up just like anyone else would, but I do not discuss my edits/deletions in the forums as a matter of policy. If anyone has issues with my moderations of the site, they are more than welcome to PM, email or call me with their concerns.

nick.lssz@gmail.com

cell is 210-415-1251 (please respect the fact that I'm an old fart and go to bed early!)

Nick

Ok, I'm going to jump in here now. First off, years ago when I37 was open there were a handful of us that raced BOTH STS and I37. When I 37 closed STS gave us a home, a place to race. To be clear, SOS did NOT offer us a place to race at the time. Secondly, your "vote" Didn't happen, at least not across the board, I have talked to MANY in our class who were not included, maybe deliberately because we made our feelings clear at Havoc. It certainly seems like some are pushing this issue without including the guys that have built this class and stuck with it through thick and thin. This could be the demise of our class, racing both tracks should be an OPTION not a requirement. This has happened too suddenly to be set in stone and I agree that both tracks should consider the drivers' opinions. If I recall correctly (and I'm certain I do) hray tried to do this at the beginning of the 2014 season and it didn't work out then, it's not going to work out now, it's only hurting this class.

Out of all the B***S**** on this thread ! what is anyone getting out of this?

IF the out of town guys dont wanna running sts next year thats fine

IF the sts guys dont wanna run sos next year im sure its fine too!

The fact of everyone getting on here and just arguing is poor sportsman!

Ok first off, this is Ron Sprayue # 42 llm and hray is my crew chief. I would like everyone to know that at this point of seeing the schedule I'm very disappointed, not with racing a season at Shady Oaks but only racing 8 races between two tracks. Second, I have no bad feelings with Ken Hobbs or STS or any driver in are class. We all have are bad nights and we all get over it, I think we have one of the better classes out there. That being said, when I 37 closed, we were told there was going to be a meeting at Bill Millers in SA. to discuss what we were going to do as a class. At that time we had 2 offers Shady Oaks and STS, I myself suggested racing both tracks, but for whatever reason the decision pretty much was made before we meet. I was there and there were several drivers that did not agree but like me wanted a place to race but some of them just hung it up, at least 4 cars if I remember right. Now to present time. Yes, we have campaigned to get the class moved or for me a touring series put together. Me and Rusty have asked several of you different times what you thought. The reaction we got was enough support to move forward, so I'm baffled why the ones that were on board no longer have a backbone, and now we have those who haven't raced all year complaining . Are statement has always been that we and others have supported this class for two years but with a few drivers not coming back next year and a few that would like to race a Shady Oaks and the response we got from other drivers it was fair to look for other options. Last year we were at every race except 2 for mechanical issues and the same this year. We have continued to support this class, it cost me over $300.00 every time I show up but with several back to back weekends and not getting paid a full purse most races this season I and many others cant continue. Its not just us, several of you have made this point. There are a few of you who could care less if we don't show up, but there were several races last year that that paid a full purse or even got to race because we showed up , thanks to Owen making sure we would come race. There were even a couple races this year, If I wouldn't showed up there would had been six to seven cars.This class would not have lasted if it wasn't for several of us, NOT JUST ME, I hope we can get this all resolved, but it will be a choice of give and take. I'm willing to discuss this by phone if anyone wants. Thank you, Ron

I just want to say a couple things... We enjoy racing at sts...even got a lucky win there. ( thanks Ron) we got wrecked out pretty bad half way thru the season (and was second in points) which led to having miss most of the season...No ones fault...pointing no fingers...I was one that said if we dont race full time at sos due to travel costs and time..we would run limited times at sts....The issue is simple...like hray said...racers on a budget have to pick and choose a little bit more than those with bigger budgets...I will also add this...drivers and fans are territorial for many reasons. Drivers like their home tracks and will defend them no matter what discussions are going on....Its really simple...for us guys that have to travel no matter what direction its alil different...we have to pick and choose based on money...for us to travel every weekend to sts... we would have to finish in the top 2 every weekend just to break even on a one way trip...so we are out no matter what...the fuel cost to travel to sos is a quarter of the cost and i could finish top 4 and still break even....no matter which track we go too...getting torn up beyond the point of not being able to make the next race is a huge deal. .....the point about next season is the decisions that were just made had nothing to do about what we had discussed at havoc...so if one track wants us they are gonna have to make it feasible to be there every weekend...if the class wants full car counts every weekend then some of us lower budget guys will need help... We want to race against the largest field of cars.(.its how we learn and feel like we accomplish something by finishing high in a large field). .if not...then we will be there when we can be there...

Every class reaches a cross road at some point in time. Most of the time it turns into the class eating itself alive then no longer exists. Street Stocks were very close to doing this 5 years ago. We are lucky in a sence we had alot of good people that wanted to help. Nobody could have predicted the change the street stocks have gone through nor the success. Over the last two offseasons more cars have been purchased and built then any class in this area. Unfortunately sometimes it takes hitting rock bottom in order to get peoples attention which could mean the risk of losing the class altogether. Wish you guys luck and hope you can pull it together but make no mistake somebody will have to do the long hard work to accomplish this and that person will need everyones support otherwise you guys have alot of expensive boat anchors sitting in your garages. One thing to remember a short schedule is better then no schedule.

If your racing and you expect for it to pay for itself with purse money, it isn't going to happen! You have to make the commitment to race if that's what you really what to do, may mean giving up other things but that's with any HOBBY

Just we don't need one or two people to split or kill the class. Hray I'm sure your intentions were good but it should have never been taken up to a track without the class knowing about it , and knowing what the class wanted.

lol... Kevin..your right..has nothing to do with making it a job for bills...it will never pay for itself..the point im trying to make is still being able to afford it as a hobby....the closer the track..easier to do...otherwise sparatic....

Stephan...you make a great point...and if we can only race 4 times this next season..then its cool....might just have to build us a ss finally... lol

I think the LLM guys have two choices. Either all cars support both tracks or say goodbye to the class. Nobody got 100% of what they wanted. Look at this as an opportunity. If everybody supports all of the races at both tracks, I see several positives coming out of the situation. There will be great car counts and a good show. That will make tracks and other participants want to be a part of the class. Maybe then there will be enough cars to have a class at each track full time. There are only eight LLM races which will give everybody plenty of time to repair cars. Travel expenses have been cut for some and increased for some but the increases are not huge. Although not my first choice, I think this can be a great opportunity for this class but you all must stick together rather than fighting and dividing the class. If you won't race at the other track because that is not what you wanted, kiss the class goodbye.

I think the LLM guys have two choices. Either all cars support both tracks or say goodbye to the class. Nobody got 100% of what they wanted. Look at this as an opportunity. If everybody supports all of the races at both tracks, I see several positives coming out of the situation. There will be great car counts and a good show. That will make tracks and other participants want to be a part of the class. Maybe then there will be enough cars to have a class at each track full time. There are only eight LLM races which will give everybody plenty of time to repair cars. Travel expenses have been cut for some and increased for some but the increases are not huge. Although not my first choice, I think this can be a great opportunity for this class but you all must stick together rather than fighting and dividing the class. If you won't race at the other track because that is not what you wanted, kiss the class goodbye.

I'll second that. We had the very same situation this passed season. We are now in a rebuilding process.

Sprint you make a great point also....And i will say i over looked the amount of races....being that there is only 8 between the two i can see how it could be easier to do...however...the cost of driving all the way to sts for less than 10 cars will make it unaffordable...so its a crap shoot i guess...eitherway we will do our best to make what we can..hopefully its all 8...

Archived