South Texas Shootout December 4th 5th and 6th

SouthTexasSpeedway

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talked to someone affiliated with the track yesterday and they said arklatex speedway factory stock rules were legal but had to weigh 3300 and couldn't run slicks.. Also heard compression rule was 175 which is good because that's what it is in factory stock. There's no performance advantage of the aluminum intake it's stock has gm stamps and everything on it. Just would like to get some clarification from whoever is with the track on what exactly the rules are and posted somewhere so there is no confusion in tech.

And factory stock vacuum is 14in at 1200rpm.. Basically what I'm asking is why did ken post factory is runnin with pures but then won't allow a lot of the factory stock rules? Just needa know EXACTLY what is or isn't legal instead of the he said she said stuff that I have been getting. Thanks to anybody that can help clear this up!

"Just would like to get some clarification from whoever is with the track on what exactly the rules are and posted somewhere so there is no confusion in tech." That would be nice.Be a shame if someone pulls all the way down here with a car that won't pass.

Shady oaks purestock rules say 160 compression which is what ken posted where legal so I assumed that's what south Texas speedways compression rule was. Most all purestocks have a compression rule of 160 but factory stocks is 175. Another rule I noticed was the flywheel factory stock rules is minimum 10.5 inch flywheel what is south Texas speedway rule?

my original thought would've been this is the STS shootout here are our rules..... meet these rules and come race...now we have so many variations I don't know what's up...

I think what we need is an official list from a the track...no combining, do what you want, use these 2 together, use only this ..I don't know but this is crazy

STS ...current rules...with exception stock mount racing shocks only

SOS...current rules...exception ==

Factory Stock ===I have no clue== G-60's and 3300 lbs..

remember a factory stock came down here 2/3 years ago and raced as is with the street stocks and won or led the majority of the Friday night qualifier and finished 16th on Saturday night in he big "a". of course he had some experience on the track from the past but none the less you get the point ...

South Texas Speedway as made this clear!

I will say it one more time.

Pure stocks- STS rules/

Exceptions: 3300 lbs, Racing shocks in stock location and stock mount, also KK704, Hoosier G60 or any 60 series tire, No headers

Factory stocks: May come and race as long as they fit the 3300lbs, 8 inch tires (KK704, G60 or any 60 series tire.) No headers

If you have anything else stay home and shut up. Your pissing me off!! If you all continue I'll cancel the whole damn show!!! I don't have to be politically correct. I am going to put the best race I can on with as many cars as I can get.

Ken Hobbs

Ken if you would post what set of factory stock rules your goin to tech off of there would be a lot more comin down I'm sure. WHAT track rules are yall gonna tech off of for a factory stock? Arklatex? That's all I need to know, I understand we need to meet the weight rule and tire rule you have posted, but there's a whole hell of a lot more rules that will be brought up on the tech pad.

Ken I really feel sorry for you little buddy when I saw the rule change I was Lilke oh man a lot of unhappy cussinterms you have the rules posted all the rule benders are speaking out as an SOS car I really feel for you guys there's nothing I can say or do to make things better for you guys but getting mad ain't gonna fix your car and all the negative post are not doing any good!!

So Race On!!

Archived