Enclosed Trailer Poll...Worth it?

Ford27

Ok I'm thinking of finally getting an enclosed trailer, I know most of the pros and cons, but was wondering if anybody that has gone from an open trailer to the enclosed regretted the decision, or looking back would have kept the open and saved their money. Any advice is appreciated

Nice on race for shade and if you have a a/c unit its even nicer. Also if it rains your inside. When you have to leave your car over night its all closed in and locked! I have cabinets in mine and a tool box .Plug outlets everywhere and as far as strapping it down I have floor hooks and I just hook it underneath in the back on both sides and one in the front not a problem at all!!! oh and its nice if your at the track and you don't want to drive home you can spend the night inside with the car Hunter and I have done that a lot Plus when your car in the shop at home you can sue the trailer for storage for smaller thngs like golf carts and riding lawn mowers, lol If you need one let me know.

In racing, the only thing worth as much as you paid for it when you get out is the trailer. Money is not wasted on a good trailer. The truck that tows it is worth half what you paid for it. The racecar it tows might not be worth anything when you quit, but the trailer holds it's value. Just my experience.

We have traveled the last three years with an open trailer and it was nice because people see the cars and you get the thumbs up while driving down the road or the hey where yall racing tonight when you stop at the gas station. The down side when you get to the track pulling everything out of the back of truck or out of the boxes on the trailer. If it rains while going to the track or at the track all of your stuff gets wet. But we recently purchased a new to us enclosed for the sprint car and it has been a lot nicer. Staying out of the elements while waiting to race, and loading up made so much easier because everything is already put up. Plus you sleep a little easier in the hotels knowing your stuff is out of the elements and not so easy for thieves to get a hold of.

Finding one with the walls finished out seems to be harder to find at a good price. I have found a few available but the interior is the plain plywood. Anyone try painting plywood walls or try installing the panels themselves? I see mixed reviews online.

Archived