legacy parts

racer61

Bob Riley (512-757-6233) is our Lone Star Legacy parts consultant. If Bob doesn't have one, he knows where to find one. You might also check with James Huff (281-219-2783) to see what he might have.

Welcome to the Lone Star Legacy series, Cory and Alexis!

Nick

We've had an excellent response to the series. Just this past Saturday we added three new drivers - Dale Ross, Russell Rust and Alexis Leone - and Cory Lovell is preparing one too. Meanwhile James and I are talking with some more folks who say they want to race with us in 2015.

Frankly, James and I are in no hurry to grow the series before we're ready. And we're making darn sure that the folks who are interested in running with us know that we intend to keep a tight lid on the rules. We are well aware that there are some Legacys out there that might have some.. er... ah.. well, "improved" parts which need to go back on the shelf and replaced with legal parts. Our rules, by the way, are pretty much identical to the original Allison Legacy rules.

We also are very serious about making sure that our events are run clean. We view this series as a place where youngsters can come and learn all about suspensions and learn how to drive without moving people out of the way - like gentlemen and ladies.

I know all this seems more like a racing club than a cutthroat racing series, and that's our intention. Good clean racing in a club-like, family atmosphere. Someplace where youngsters coming out of Quarter Midgets, Karts, Bandoleros, etc, can move up to without all the drama and beating and banging. We even give away all our setup and chassis information to any Legacy team that will ask to help keep the learning curve easier to deal with. We have no secrets and we love to share.

We have no purse and we won't even begin to search for purse sponsors until we're consistently running 10 - 12 cars per event. And should we obtain purse money, it will be split evenly down through the starting field. The race winner gets the same amount of purse money as the last-place finisher.

Nick

Dwarfs did that for awhile too didn't they? It's a great idea. If I had the means, I'd love to run a Legacy. Your principles are very good ones.

There are a few more for sale! Im looking forward to getting our second car out there next year.

Archived