Brad Sweet bringing WoO Sprints back to Placerville Speedway in 2015

NickHolt

Brad Sweet Bringing World of Outlaws to Placerville Speedway

- California native returns ‘The Greatest Show on Dirt’ to his favorite California track for the first time since 1992

CONCORD, N.C. - Nov. 4, 2014 - Brad Sweet and the World of Outlaws announced Tuesday they would partner to return the World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series to Placerville (Calif.) Speedway during the 2015 season.

The event, Brad Sweet Presents the Placerville Short Track Outlaw Showdown, will be Wednesday, April 8, 2015, as part of a robust tour through the West Coast that will be announced later this fall.

"Placerville Speedway has always been a special place for me," said Sweet, a native of nearby Grass Valley, Calif. "It is where I grew up competing and where my passion for sprint car racing developed. The opportunity to partner with the World of Outlaws in returning the World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series to Placerville is exciting. I look forward to making the event a success for the fans and my fellow competitors."

Sweet drives the No. 49 Surepoint Medical car for Kasey Kahne Racing in the World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series.

This is not the first time the series has competed at the quarter mile, high-banked oval. From 1985 to 1992 the series made four starts at Placerville. Jac Haudenschild is the most recent winner at the track and, along with Sammy Swindell, has two Outlaw wins there.

"Partnering with Brad to return the World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series to Placerville was a no-brainer," said World of Outlaws President Tom Deery. "His passion for the series and for his home track is evident and made for a perfect combination in bringing the Outlaws back after more than two decades. We look forward to what is certain to be a great event."

The partnership marks the first co-promotion of an event between the Outlaws and Sweet.

Tickets for Brad Sweet Presents the Placerville Short Track Outlaw Showdown are available at www.WorldofOutlaws.com/tickets. Reserved seating is $45. All advance reserved ticket purchases will include a pit pass upgrade. For more information and to order tickets call 877-395-8606 or click here.

Archived