Texas Asphalt Limited Modified Series debuts at HMP this Saturday

NickHolt

Texas Asphalt Limited Modified Series debut at Houston Motorsports Park

Corpus Christi, Texas - October 20, 2014 The cars and stars of the Texas Asphalt Limited Modified Series (TALMS) take on the challenge of the Palace of Power in the Space City Shootout presented by All State Gear.

In only its second year of operation TALMS has become one of the fastest growing Texas touring series in years.

With two races to go in the 2014 Championship season, the series has seen six different drivers winning the first seven races. The only multiple race winner is the series points leader, Joey Heinaman, of Corpus Christi. Heinaman has a 16 point lead over Tanner Whitmire of Taft, Texas. The battle for third place in the standings is just as tight. Only 7 points separate Tyler Box of Taft, TX and 2013 Series Champion Cody Beddoe in 4th place.

While TALMS does not require a pre-race entry form, series founder Cody Beddoe is confident about the upcoming car count.

“We have had a great interest in the Space City Shootout Presented by All State Gear and I think that we’ll have one of the biggest car counts of the season. With a few days to go I have already taken multiple calls from new drivers wanting base line set ups for the track. Houston Motorsports Park is one of the premiere racing facilities in the country and I think this will be one of the most successful and entertaining races in the history of the series.”

The event will pay $1,000 to win and $100 to start.

For more information on the Space City Shootout presented by All State Gear along with latest information and news on the series please visit the series’ official facebook page at facebook.com/TexasAsphaltLimitedModifiedSeries or the series’ website www.TALMSRacing.com

Archived