Championship Weekend

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I don't mean this with negativity but for something that wasn't supposed to change there's been a lot of changing this season. No one can control the weather, track and drivers lose on that deal. Ken comes up with an idea to give the racers an extra night but he had already said the season would end Nov 8 as planned which most would assume a regular night. I see both sides. Going against high school football sucks regardless of points, fans or drivers. STS has this idea and evidently some will be greatly affected since they made plans on a typical off night. It's going to suck for those that can't go and be good for those that can. He loses either way, just think the late change is what people are upset about not the chance to race.

23571race No I don't. From about 12 -20 helped with a few racers of the day.For the last 40 years or so strictly a fan.I understand the work that goes into this.But as a big fan of STS and its racers when I see something I think is unfair I feel I have a place to comment on it and we may not agree.You are right I should had worded that comment better.

There's a month in advance to prepare. If you change it to Sunday there will be others affected also. This or that that or this it all has the same outcome. If ken says we race on Friday come hell or high water I'll be there. I can't speak for everyone but I can say this. Had ken scheduled a race on my wedding day to make up for one of the ones we missed. I would not be married right now just ask my wife.

just my opinion... Lets race !!! I missed 2 races because of engine failure in the beginning of the season, and 1 because of a commitment...Stuff happens. If you are going for points race then I can see where its upsetting.But we have been rained out how many times and now hes trying to make up for it ....Give Ken a little bit of credit . Geez... I bet if he tried to run a Saturday and sunday race there would be complaining too..( Sorry nick...had to vamp a lil bit)

No he doesn't but has supported tracks for over 60 years.

you race isnt arob your dad .........YOU HAVE TO COMMEND THE TRACK FOR GIVING THIS A SHOT .THEY ARE TRYING TO GIVE EVERY ONE TWO NIGHTS TO MAKE UP POINTS AND I BET MISTER HOBBS UNDERSTANDS ALL THE CONCERNS ...BUT AS A OWNER .PIT CREW .DRIVER OR WHAT EVER I MAYBE CONSIDERED .I WOULD NEVER WANT SPECIAL POINTS RACES THAT SOME WHO CANT MAKE IT ON A MOMENTS NOTICE LIKE THIS COULD BE CONSIDERED WOULD NOT BE FAIR ....GREAT FOR THOSE WHO HAD A BAD SEASON AND SEE THEY CAN MAKE UP AND POSSIBLY MOVE UP IN POSITION THAT THEY DID NOT EARN DURING THE SEASON ....WE ARE 17 POINTS OUT OF THE LEAD WHERE WE ARE RACING AT THIS TIME .WE HAVE HAD A BAD SEASON AND AM LUCKY TO BE IN SECOND ..WOULD NOT BE FAIR TO THE LEADER IF THEY ONE CANT MAKE A RACE FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS OR LOSE DOUBLE POINTS ON ONE BAD NIGHT ..A CHAMPIONSHIP IS WHAT WE ARE AFTER BUT WE HAVE NOT EARNED IT .WE WANT TO WIN IT THE REGULAR POINTS .IF NOT IT WAS NOT MEANT TO BE ...WE WOULD FEEL BAD FOR THE TEAM WHO RACED ALL YEAR AND RAN GREAT TO LOSE IT THAT WAY ..HOPE YOU GET TO RACE AND FINISH IT LIKE IT SHOULD BE FINISHED .

Yes he is and yes I do but haven't been to STS yet with my car but hope to soon, like December but we'll see how it goes. Even being a dreaded "asphalt" racer, always want STS and all tracks to do well. Like I said, I see the good and bad with this and not everyone will be happy.

OMG SOME OF YOU ALL DRIVERS AND FANS ARE ACTING LIKE SOMEONE STOLE YOUR CARS... FIRST OF ALL... YOU HAVE TO WIN BOTH RACES FOR THE BONUS POINTS... THE POINTS WILL BE GIVEN ON SATURDAY COME GENTLEMEN READ 100 point bonus for any car that can win their heat and feature BOTH NIGHTS

50 point bonus for any car that can win BOTH feature races SO GET A GRIP AND LET RACE... AND PLUS YOU ALL HAVE A MONTH !!!!!! CALM DOWN AND LET RACE DAMMM!!!

Let me put it this way then I will shutup.The issue is the bonus points and constant change in the scheduling.It had been said for some time the 8th would be it.Now it is the 7th and 8th with bonus points..Why not the 1st and the 8th?Friday is not a normal race date.Neither is Sunday.Now if there was no points on Friday would everyone who could still race?My bet the answer would be yes.Championships should be won or lost on Saturday nights,the nights everyone schedules to.The hundred points would be hard to do unless you got front row in all four races.Even then iffy.The fifty not so much especially if you get a front row start.

Splitting the 2 day race up by having one on Nov. 1 and Nov. 8 is not a bad idea both dates being Saturday nights and points nights. Or maybe doing Friday Nov. 7 as a non points night and Nov. 8 as a points night. Friday might be a little hard for people to make. But at the end of the day I don't know what it takes to run a track so this is just strictly ideas. Either way, I just wanna race!

I for one want the two days of racing. It will give us a chance to maybe get another spot or two, since we where rained out the last couple of months. The extra bouns points will be nice if it can be done, but i will just count on regular points.

I also do not like to see someone lose the championship because they can't make a race. BUT I also don't like seeing someone win because races get rained out and not made up.

It all comes down to how bad you want to do it. Everybody has plans and families. I have had a very busy summer and been blessed with three grandchildren (one with special needs) but we worked the schedules out and made every race this year.

We also want thank Ken and the entire sts crew for all the hard work this season, and we really appreciate their work so that we have a place to race.

SO LOAD UP THE CARS AND THE FAMILIES. DRY THE TEARS FROM YOUR EYES AND LETS GO RACE. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND BE SAFE GETTING THERE.

THANKS

SHANE MOORE

Archived