HMP's Fiesta Fall Fastival offers $5 adult tickets, twin feat

NickHolt

Houston Motorsports Park’s “Fiesta’s Fall Fastival” offers $5 adult tickets and twin NASCAR features this Saturday

Houston, TX (September 25, 2014) – Houston Motorsports Park will be running double feature events for all six stock car racing divisions again this Saturday, September 27, 2014, as the NASCAR Stock Car racing season enters the home stretch with only two dates left after this weekend’s “Fiesta’s Fall Fastival.”

The super-fast NASCAR Fiesta Modifieds, the highly-competitive NASCAR BWFS Coke Trucks, the brand new NASCAR American Muscle Cars plus the fun-to-watch Ecostocks, the INEX-sanctioned Legends and Bandoleros will compete in twin feature events at the 3/8-mile, concrete/asphalt oval located in fast-growing Northeast Houston.

With $5 adult tickets being offered at all Houston-area Fiesta Mart stores and with kids 12 and under admitted free and with $1 Cokes, $1 hot dogs and even $1 beer, we’re looking at some seriously-affordable NASCAR racing for the entire family.

Although NASCAR racing at HMP always provides plenty of excitement, there will be added drama this Saturday since a trio of drivers competing in the two top NASCAR racing divisions – the NASCAR Fiesta Modifieds and the NASCAR BWFS Coke Trucks – are locked in three-way battles for their respective NASCAR Track Championships.

Multi-time HMP NASCAR Champion Joe Aramendia, who missed a NASCAR Fiesta Modified points race earlier in the season, is hot on the tail of points-leader Zach Knowles and arch-rival Michael Kourkoubes.

“We had handling problems earlier in the year,” Aramendia said when asked about his chances for yet another championship. “But my team has worked their tails off and we’re making up ground on the leaders. If I were them, I’d be watching their mirror because I’m coming.”

Likewise, in the NASCAR BWFS Coke Truck championship race, Mason Teague, who also missed a race or two earlier in the year, is closing in on the two point leaders, Charles Evans, Jr, and David Webster.

“The plan is to just keep on doing what we’ve been doing,” Teague said. “We try to be consistent and keep winning races. We missed a double-feature night and had mechanical trouble during two races, so the points kind of fell out of our worries.”

But the 2009 Thunder Stock champion, 2011 Super Stock champion and 2012 Pro Truck champion at Thunderhill Raceway (now Central Texas Speedway) as well as at HMP, feels he has a good chance, but knows that neither Evans nor Webster will surrender without a fight.

“I’ll just continue to drive them (Evans and Webster) how they drive me,” Teague concluded.

NASCAR stock car racing at the immaculate, park-like facility will get under way at 6 p.m., which is an hour earlier than the summer schedule and should be taking the last checkered flag around 10 p.m.

Houston Motorsports Park is located at 11620 North Lake Houston Parkway in Northeast Houston.

The HMP information hotline is 281-458-1972. The HMP email address is events@houstonmotorsportspark.com and the information hotline is 281-458-1972.

For more information about Houston Motorsports Park and Saturday’s “Fiesta’s Fall Fastival,” visit www.houstonmotorsportspark.com or look us up on Facebook.

Archived