Scott Bloomquist wins record 5th Jackson 100 Saturday at Brownstown

NickHolt

Scott Bloomquist Wins Record Fifth Jackson 100 on Saturday Night at Brownstown Speedway

BROWNSTOWN, IN (September 20, 2014) - Scott Bloomquist continued his hot streak this month by winning the 35th Annual Jackson 100 on Saturday Night at Brownstown Speedway. Bloomquist steered his Ole Smoky Moonshine, Andy Durham-powered, Sweet-Bloomquist car to victory lane in the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series sanctioned event, earning a $20,000 pay day.

Bloomquist took the lead for good on the 11th lap from Steve Francis and led the rest of the way for the victory. Don O'Neal, who like Bloomquist, was looking for his fifth win in the crown jewel event, came home in second. O'Neal has now retaken the LOLMDS Championship Points lead by 35 points over Jimmy Owens, who finished 12
th
.Chris Simpson charged from 14th to finish third. New track record holder, Mike Marlar was fourth followed by 17th place starter, Dale McDowell.

"Brownstown is one of my favorite race tracks, without a doubt. It's a lot of fun to come up here and race. They have changed the track here in the last year and it seems to make for better racing. I first came here in the late 80's and didn't make this race the first time I tried. As we came back year after year, we kept getting better and better. We have a lot of fans up this way and hope everyone enjoyed the show tonight", stated Bloomquist in victory lane.

"We had a good race with Steve [Francis] there early on. We went back-and-forth a few times until I was finally able to pull away from him. Some of those cautions were pretty timely, and they cleared out the track. Our car was just fantastic on the restarts. The race track stayed really good all night. Our car could pretty much run where I wanted it to. The top was dominant early on and as the race wore on, I could run high, low, or the middle. We have had a great run here lately winning the World 100 and now the Jackson 100. It's on to another of my favorite places to run at in Knoxville, Iowa. I was born in Iowa and that race has been a special race from day one and everybody will know that we were there," said the winner, afterwards.

A terrific battle went down to the end between O'Neal and Simpson as O'Neal just edged out the Iowa driver for the spot. "We had a really good car, but the Zero car is on a roll. We didn't have anything for him. We are really happy though with second and it's been a good night overall. We got the points lead back, but there are still four races to go. We have to be on top of our game, because I know the 20 team will be as well," said the driver of Peak Antifreeze and Motor Oil, Clint Bowyer Racing, Barry Wright Race Cars number 5.

Simpson, in his best ever run at Brownstown, was pleased with his effort. "This is a brand new car. We have only been here three times and this is our best run. To finish that strong with these guys, man that's great. Next week they will be on my home turf at Knoxville and we will give it our best shot to come home with a win there," said the driver of the Cheap Cars. Simpson Farms, Five Star Race Shop Service #32.

Completing the top ten were Earl Pearson Jr., Dennis Erb Jr., Jonathan Davenport. Gregg Satterlee and Steve Francis.

In preliminary action, Mike Marlar set the overall Miller Welders Fast Time (Group A) amongst the 47 entrants, with a lap of 13.263 seconds. Jonathan Davenport set the fastest time in Group B with a time of 13.370 seconds. Brad Neat, Steve Casebolt, Steve Francis, and Scott Bloomquist won their respective heat races. Dale McDowell and Jason Hughes won their respective B-Mains.

For the latest breaking news on the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series, log onto www.lucasdirt.com and follow the series on www.facebook.com/lucasdirt and www.twitter.com/lucasdirt.

Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series
Race Summary
Saturday Night, September 20th, 2014
Brownstown Speedway - Brownstown, IN

Miller Welders Fast Time Group A: Mike Marlar / 13.263 seconds
Miller Welders Fast Time Group B: Jonathan Davenport / 13.370 seconds

Fast Shafts Heat Race #1 Finish (10 Laps, Top 4 Transfer): Brad Neat, Mike Marlar, Earl Pearson, Jr., John Gill, Dale McDowell, Scott James, Wayne Chinn, Chad Stapleton, Tim Tungate, Duane Chamberlain, Zak Blackwood, Dan Schlieper

Eibach Springs Heat Race #2 Finish (10 Laps, Top 4 Transfer): Steve Casebolt, Dennis Erb, Jr., Gregg Satterlee, Jeep VanWormer, Dustin Linville, Jeremy Hines, Joe Janowski, Mark Barber, Shelby Miles, Jesse Lay, Michael Chilton, Adam Bowman-DNS

Simpson Performance Products Heat Race #3 Finish (10 Laps, Top 4 Transfer): Steve Francis, Don O'Neal, Jared Landers, Chris Simpson, Eddie Carrier, Jr., Steve Barnett, Davey Johnson, Shannon Reed, Camaron Marlar, Jonathan Davenport, Greg Kendall, Greg Johnson

FK Rod Ends Heat Race #4 Finish (10 Laps, Top 4 Transfer): Scott Bloomquist, Jimmy Owens, John Blankenship, Jason Papich, Jason Hughes, Cody Mahoney, Doug Drown, CJ Rayburn, Kent Robinson, Marty O'Neal, Tyler Allen

JRi Shocks B-Main #1 (12 Laps, Top 3 Transfer) Finish: Dale McDowell, Dustin Linville, Scott James, Joe Janowski, Tim Tungate, Shelby Miles, Zak Blackwood, Wayne Chinn, Chad Stapleton, Dan Schlieper, Jesse Lay, Mark Barber, Jeremy Hines, Duane Chamberlain, Michael Chilton-DNS, Adam Bowman-DNS

CV Products B-Main #2 (12 Laps, Top 3 Transfer) Finish: Jason Hughes, Eddie Carrier, Jr., Cody Mahoney, Jonathan Davenport, Kent Robinson, Doug Drown, Steve Barnett, Davey Johnson, Shannon Reed, Camaron Marlar, Greg Kendall, CJ Rayburn, Marty O'Neal, Tyler Allen-DNS, Greg Johnson-DNS

Feature Finish (100 Laps):

post-3-0-83210300-1411312597_thumb.png

Race Statistics

Entrants: 47
Lap Leaders: Steve Francis (Lap 1); Scott Bloomquist (Lap 2); Steve Francis (Laps 3 - 10); Scott Bloomquist (Laps 11 - 100)
Cautions: Jared Landers (Lap 43); Steve Francis (Lap 49); Earl Pearson Jr. (Lap 52); Jason Hughes (Lap 61); Dustin Linville (Lap 77); Jared Landers (Lap 79)
Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Provisionals: n/a
Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Emergency Provisionals: n/a
Miller Welders Fast Time Provisionals: Jonathan Davenport, Michael Chilton
Wrisco Feature Winner: Scott Bloomquist
Optima Batteries Hard Charger of the Race: Jonathan Davenport (Started: 23rd; Finished: 8th; Advanced 15 Positions)
Keyser Mfg Spoiler Challenge Point Leader: Don O'Neal
Allstar Performer of the Race: Don O'Neal
Sunoco Race for Gas Highest Finisher: Don O'Neal
Dunn Benson Ford Rookie of the Race: Jason Papich
Midwest Sheet Metal Highest Finishing Rookie: Jason Papich
COMP Cams Engine Builder of the Race: Durham Race Engines
Ohlins Shocks Chassis Builder of the Race: Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars
Outerwears Crew Chief of the Race: Jeremy Justice (Don O'Neal)
HAWK Performance Fastest Lap of the Race: Steve Francis (Lap #4 - 14.946 seconds)
Time of Race: 46 minutes 19 seconds

Lucas Oil Championship Point Standings:

post-3-0-10321000-1411312753_thumb.jpg

Archived