SOS Halloween Havoc

sosrs

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will try to get clear answer for you tomorrow as Keith is working tonight but I think this may depend on how many cars show up in a class. Our normal procedure has been to pill draw once and place based on finish in heats but know Havoc may have some classes with a large turnout.

Wut about big trailers, mine is 53'

Its to big for you so i guess we need to trade even up i need a bigger trailer now that we have 2 cars or does one of you guys with all them wells on thier property need a tax right off i know of some one who needs a lot of sponponsorship we are going from big dog to poor house racing!!!

Family time priceless!!!

We never know how many big trailers will show up to this race. We will try to keep the front area for the larger trailers but we have seen times when there are more large trailers than the area will hold and they have had to park in the open area in the back.

Awesome. Think I have one place to let me hang a flyer and will try to see if they care to help out and will ask around tomorrow after my dr appointment. Once flyer is posted, I'll recognize said business. Waiting reply on a few others as well including a Halloween themed place!

Correction to LLM donation. The donation was from Ron Sprayue and Fossil Fuel Motorsports not Counterstone.

Coastal Bend Lawn and Garden from Portland has donated $50 to 4th & 5th place for LLM's

Monte Chamberlains donation will be $100 to win in Street Stocks

Thank you for your support and SEE YA AT THE RACES!!

The day of the Havoc has finally arrived! And, I woke up at 4 a.m. Ain't that crazy..... Guess I've been looking forward to this day...

Side note for everyone. We are going to do a tribute to Kurt Hudgeons and Johnny Thomas immediately at the wrap of the "Trick or Treat the Drivers" as the track heads into the feature for the Hot Stock Trucks. Thank you to the Stacy family for extending this opportunity..

The racing community lost Kurt last Sunday. Kurt was well known and highly respected from his days as a driver and extremely respected for his overall demeanor and kindness to all he came into contact with. Kurt in his #68 was one who had his A-game when he raced across south Texas and always a contender..... There is no doubt if you raced in south Texas that you know the name Hudgeons, and likely sought help or advice from Kurt. If you called his shop, you knew it was Kurt when you heard that familiar voice answer "Body Shop"....

Johnny passed away in September at the young age of 34. Johnny was a close personal friend to me and many others. Johnny raced street stocks, super stocks, modifieds (was the first hired driver for Allgayer Racing) and most recently had been piloting the #27 Hot Stock Truck at Shady Oaks Speedway. One of the most memorable seasons for Johnny's fans was the neck and neck points battle at Texana Raceway Park in 2005 between Johnny and Scott Turner (son of Turner Motorsports owner Steve Turner). Johnny was ecstatic when he heard that Shady Oaks was reopening in 2009 and how befitting that the last place he raced was at Shady Oaks on September 6th, securing a win on that night....

We will make a rapid announcement at the drivers meeting to explain how this tribute will work with a Missing Men salute and it will be efficiently organized to coincide with the racers exiting the track from "Trick or Treat the Drivers".

-Monty Chamberlain

Archived