SOS Halloween Havoc

sosrs

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the update guys. Just got message so weren't able to make practice. The for sale sign is a good idea may put one on but not sure if we r selling now. She's a super fast car loved SOS and was both heat and feature winner at Havoc last year. Hoping for another good luck to all and again thanks for responding. We hope to see a bunch of pink breast cancer support on cars. I have family with history of breast cancer and love ur idea of support bobby jack was going to put together a breast cancer support album so if u dont mind ill swing by ur pit to take pic of ur car to add it in there since ur car will be sporting alot of pink

Practice had over 30 cars show up and most of them came by 1PM and stayed all day. Enjoyed great conversation with the drivers and am so looking forward to the Havoc. Thank you everyone for your support. Thanks to Rob Sanderson for coming down and helping out all day.

Havoc Purse Update:

1. Anonymous donation $150 to win on Pure Stocks. This was previously posted just wanted to have all additions on one post

2. Mike Morris $100 to win on Dwarf/Modlites

3. Stephan Danielson $200 Street Stocks $50 to 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th

4. Modified donations are to guarantee a $1000 to win regardless of car count

Mike Morris $100 2nd

Darrell Chandler $100 to win

Hans Brothers - Alice, TX $300 to win

Trio Rentals - Alice, TX $100 to win

Powertherm Ind. - Houston, TX $300 to win

Tracy Morris Fitness and Nutrition Consulting $100 to win

The anonymous Pure Stock donation has been made on behalf of Southern Coast Automotive from Corpus Christi. Thanks again to all of these sponsors/donations and I'm sure no one's dollar will be turned down. Still time to sponsor this great event that seems to be growing daily as we approach race day. Support local racing and this event and get your company name out there in a positive light.

LLM purse update:

$125 added to win

$100 2nd

$25 3rd

$50 Hard charger

Thank you Ron Sprayue and Fossil Fuel Motorshports of New Braunfels

Also want to add a Thank you to top_shelf_12 for getting pure stock donation from Southern Coast Automotive in Corpus Christi. Always glad to know who anonymous is!!!

So reading this post, do I assume that since the 1st place is guaranteed by sponsorship 1000, If more than 10 cars show up, will the 800 dollars be put on first place or spread throughout the field? My thought is spread throughout the field and you will draw even more cars.

Please repost the payout for the Modified so I can make my decision this weekend..

Thanks

Mike

Well I see if differently, by posting the payout the track guaranteed if 10 cars showed up they would pay 800 to win, sponsors adding 1000.00 to the purse is great, but if more than 10 cars show up and they pay 1000 to win, Where does the 800 go???? spread it out or put it on top of the winners money, but putting it in the tracks pocket does not sit well in my book, The track needs to respond so that the drivers have all the information. You want to put on a show with plenty of cars then put the sponsor money in the purse as well advertise money.

my 2 cents for what its worth.

Mike

The modified driver that is helping us to cover the purse for modifieds asked us to guarantee a $1000 to win regardless of how many cars show up. In other words if only 5 show up to win will still pay $1000 and if I understood correctly, if 15 show up it is still $1000 to win. I am waiting for him to contact me so I can get clarification on the purse payout. Sorry if I have caused confusion by posting the donations he has gotten for this class.

Thank you, Rosemary

When a track has a larger purse than normal it is usually covered by donations. Mike was the driver that stepped up to help get donations to cover modified class. He has been a great supporter of the track and since this class is new and had low car counts all year it is harder to get sponsors. He took the ball and ran with it. So here is what the purse will be as of today 10-20-14 regardless of the number of cars that show.

1st $1000

2nd 500

3rd 375

4th 200

5th 175

6-10 125

Now that is based on Mike's hard work. Thank you Mike Morris.

Archived