Practice /10-18

James Huff and I had a great day in spite of the tumble he took in the pits onto the asphalt. Banged up his hip pretty good and cut up the tips of three of his fingers in good shape. We stopped at IHOP after practice and he was feeling the effects of that fall pretty good although he won't admit it.

We got the 32 Legacy almost handling again - James had some laps in the 17.20's and more in the 17.30's once we got most of the push out. Still have one more spring change to make to suit the Hoosiers rather than the Goodyears.

And we truly enjoyed watching three different youngsters take the #32 out for a few laps each. Eric Wilson (#76 Sport Compact) was able to coax a 17.49 out of the car and Joshua McCain was right there as well. One of the Reininger young ladies (sorry, I never get your names straight) was very careful not to wreck it and really didn't get in the throttle as hard as the two guys, but was still pretty darn fast.

Gabriel Fogg had the #10 Lone Star Legacy car out as well and was turning very quick laps. Says that Bob Riley did a great job fixing the carb problems he had been experiencing. That Bob Riley knows his way around a Legacy car for sure.

Hope to see everyone in two weeks at CTS!

Nick

Nick, It was great to see the young ones running the car. A huge thanks to Mr. Huff for letting them get the chance to drive it. We went to the Cotton Bowl afterwards and Eric was still talking about driving it. He has a habit of running through his driving experiences in his mind to analyze and see if he could have done better. It made an impression on him for sure and he really wants to move up now. He'll be glad to see he ran a little faster than he thought. He was saying he could have done better but he was too tall for the seat and his legs got in his way steering. ;) You and James Huff are doing a good job getting some new blood interested in the Legacy Series and I believe it will really pay off. Thanks again!

hardhead you have a driver who will go along way in this sport ..he listens well tries hard to take in what advice we feed him even if it sounds minute that can be trying at times ..now he has his eyes pointed in the right direction on the track , the truth of his talent in the car he races does not bring out the best in him but gives him the learning curve he needs to prosper as a racer small steps for large foot print .after watching him in that tight fitting car in complete reverse from what he is accustom too .convinced me we have a young man who will be a a force to contend with for many years ... hope he can race joshua in the future ..........i will say his dad aint bad either , you work hard at what little time of hands on racing back ground you have ..you listen study and learn together with out a hitch .you want eric and yourself to enjoy the moment to its fullest ....we worked to get joshua car back in the game and that happy face the driver has when things go right .is priceless .makes you forget that hard battle getting there ......the sky is the limit and the future is bright in this sport we love with you two choosing to join it .over the last 30 or so years that i have raced its not often you get the opportunity to speak of a team in high regard . .....WELCOME TO THE FAMILY..

James Huff and I had a great day in spite of the tumble he took in the pits onto the asphalt. Banged up his hip pretty good and cut up the tips of three of his fingers in good shape. We stopped at IHOP after practice and he was feeling the effects of that fall pretty good although he won't admit it.

We got the 32 Legacy almost handling again - James had some laps in the 17.20's and more in the 17.30's once we got most of the push out. Still have one more spring change to make to suit the Hoosiers rather than the Goodyears.

And we truly enjoyed watching three different youngsters take the #32 out for a few laps each. Eric Wilson (#76 Sport Compact) was able to coax a 17.49 out of the car and Joshua McCain was right there as well. One of the Reininger young ladies (sorry, I never get your names straight) was very careful not to wreck it and really didn't get in the throttle as hard as the two guys, but was still pretty darn fast.

Gabriel Fogg had the #10 Lone Star Legacy car out as well and was turning very quick laps. Says that Bob Riley did a great job fixing the carb problems he had been experiencing. That Bob Riley knows his way around a Legacy car for sure.

Hope to see everyone in two weeks at CTS!

Nick

hardhead you have a driver who will go along way in this sport ..he listens well tries hard to take in what advice we feed him even if it sounds minute that can be trying at times ..now he has his eyes pointed in the right direction on the track , the truth of his talent in the car he races does not bring out the best in him but gives him the learning curve he needs to prosper as a racer small steps for large foot print .after watching him in that tight fitting car in complete reverse from what he is accustom too .convinced me we have a young man who will be a a force to contend with for many years ... hope he can race joshua in the future ..........i will say his dad aint bad either , you work hard at what little time of hands on racing back ground you have ..you listen study and learn together with out a hitch .you want eric and yourself to enjoy the moment to its fullest ....we worked to get joshua car back in the game and that happy face the driver has when things go right .is priceless .makes you forget that hard battle getting there ......the sky is the limit and the future is bright in this sport we love with you two choosing to join it .over the last 30 or so years that i have raced its not often you get the opportunity to speak of a team in high regard . .....WELCOME TO THE FAMILY..

Nick, James, thanks for letting me take her out for a few laps. Legacy cars feel amazing, free, unrestricted, like you can really get 100% out of them without anything bogging you down. You can really feel everything going on the car. The ministock, unfortunately was in "limp mode" due to what is hopefully a simple electronics issue. HiTech, I really appreciated the advice. Sim racing gives your eyes bad habits which causes people to look in the wrong spot in real life. It's good to have people around to remind you about things like that and give you new advice too. I really appreciate the new family I've got out there, y'all are great, and I'm having so much fun racing and learning from y'all. I learned a little in the legacy car about what a certain way I wanted to take the corner in the ministock would do to my exit in 2, so maybe I'll be faster once I can get back to full power and not be stuck at 3500 rpm in the ministock. We'll see. Thanks y'all.

Hi Tech, Thank you very much for the kind words, please remember them the first time Eric spins or gets in Joshua's way!! :D​ All I can say is people like you, Joshua, Nick , James and all the others that have opened up to welcome us has make it very easy to be a part of the family.. The racing community is one of the closest group of people around and we love and are proud to be a part of it.

Hi Tech, Thank you very much for the kind words, please remember them the first time Eric spins or gets in Joshua's way!! :D​ All I can say is people like you, Joshua, Nick , James and all the others that have opened up to welcome us has make it very easy to be a part of the family.. The racing community is one of the closest group of people around and we love and are proud to be a part of it.

joshua will no problem with his chrome horn as long as eric dont have a problem with the honk...either being horned or free spinning in front of joshua will mean eric is racing in his class ..

joshua will no problem with his chrome horn as long as eric dont have a problem with the honk...either being horned of free spinning in front of joshua will mean eric is racing in his class ..

:) I think they will have many fun years racing together!!

Archived