Driver fataly injured in crash at Little River Dragway

rebelracewriter

why was that tree not cut down ...or water barrels put around it ..i am sorry but just cant figure out why that was never thought of .dont know if the tree was part of this driver dieing .but common sense should have prevailed here ....go ahead and throw the book at me ...

we raced up at red river in 08. they were drag racing next the round track a car went over the guardrail and through an old barbwired fence.. took them a while to cut that guy out his car wrapped in the wire ..cut him up bad and one around his throat .....he was lucky ..

Condolences to his family .. SAD ..

I have raced at Little River all year and have been going there since i was a kid. Those trees have been there since before the track opened and was just the old highway. Never once have i had any concern about those trees. Whats the difference from driving down your local street or highway with the trees right there. This was a perfect storm of an accident and was a real bad deal. I pray for his family and friends during this tough time. This only the 2nd fatality at the facility in 56 years. Hundreds of thousands of passes have been made down this track and this is the first time ive heard of a tree being struck. This was just a freak accident that happened.

Archived