Halloween Havoc

sosrs

There have been several request fo have a purse posted for this race. We will post the purse once we have sponsorships in place. We have several committed but are still working on this.. In the past we have not posted purse til middle of October allowing us time to work with sponsors. We see Halloween Havoc as a fun time for kids, spectators and hopefully the drivers. We have seen that when it comes time to trick or treat the drivers, not only do the kids come down on the track but a lot of the adults also come. This is a time to build a relationship with the fans. Several times this year the fans have been allowed on the track at halftime to meet the drivers and get a closer look at the cars. There is always possitive feedback from the fans. They really enjoy getting to meet and talk with the drivers they have been watching race. Let's look at this race as what it can do to build Saturday night racing at SOS. With tracks closing all over the central and eastern part of the U.S. we need to work together, for the good of the sport, to keep the South Texas tracks open.

Halloween Havoc Sponsorships:

Go-Kart and Costume trophies: Twisted Engines of San Antonio

Halloween trick or treat Bags: Outlaws Embroidery of Corpus Christi

Purse fund $100.00 : Monty Chamberlain

Purse fund $500.00: Wilkenson Pre-Owned Super Center (Nancy Wilkenson has two more sponsors committed amount and sponsor names to be posted later)

We have three others that have contacted us and committed.

As soon as we get these finalized we will post them.

Awesome payout and sounds like it's going to be a great event.

One suggestion:

Start hot laps and heats about 3:00 pm in the afternoon

with over 8 classes racing I don't wanna be in the lineup shoot at 2:00AM

What do other drivers and fans think of this idea of starting 2 or 3 in the afternoon for this event only

Will the track hold up that long under sunlight (hopefully)? I see your concern though especially as a driver traveling. Hot laps around 2-3, start around 5ish? I'm guessing format will be heats + features and if features only, how do you line up? Plus, we have to keep in mind the special Halloween themed events too.

Umm , I thinking not!! Nobody is gonna sit out there at 3 o clock on the afternoon. Key is Not to over WATER the track . 7:00 pm start time is fine.. Remember.. Some of us run go Karts as well.

Remember its at the end of october, so the texas heat will not be an issue.

-Your causal fans starts leaving around 11PM whether the races are over or not!

-Have a break after the heat races are over to do track maintenance and have the Halloween contest and such to keep the fans interested during this time

If it looks like 200 cars (and I hope it is), great!. If 200 cars, then start at 3pm. But otherwise, 6pm at the earliest, cuz no fans gonna come at 3pm. As far as track surface, we gonna adapt to what is dealt tacky or slick. Cuz, we hoping the #55 street stock gonna walk out with $600 in the billfold whatever the surface...lol

Dont think SOS will ever make there surface a slick track on purpose...if want that it seems cbs has mastered that but thats what they do...on other note to me when its dry at SOS more cars get torn up...bc it was not built to be slick as we all know...Hope its another great turn out like the Sprints were...gl to all

Dont think SOS will ever make there surface a slick track on purpose...if want that it seems cbs has mastered that but thats what they do...on other note to me when its dry at SOS more cars get torn up...bc it was not built to be slick as we all know...Hope its another great turn out like the Sprints were...gl to all

Archived