A poll

tps48

I don't know but a bacon, egg, and potato taco with VP salsa wouldn't be out of the question.. A little royal purple to wash it down while listening to the sound of big block modifieds getting the green flag would make a nice start to the day!!

You know, Modifieds and Sprints sound good taking the green but there was no better sound than hearing 20-25 Late Models taking the green on the first lap at SAS. God I miss that place and the hey days of it. When I saw this on FB, I said Bacon scented racing fuel so anyone want to contribute to the cause and try to find the right formulas lol.

I remember the sound of 20-30 late models coming out of turn 4 at BIR back in the late 60's when the Allisons leased the track. Imagine that sound in the covered stands there at the track and the echo effect.. It was the most awesome sound I'd ever heard.. I've yet to find a track to match it.. At 15-16 yrs old I'd go to bed after a night of racing there with tears in my eyes wanting to race so bad and dream about it over and over again. Yeah, There is nothing to match the smells and sounds of the track..

I bet with that roof. USMTS/ASCS at STS and ASCS SOS is the closest I've heard. SAS has some of my greatest and most horrific memories of racing. The big fire was about 30 feet from me, all I remember was being picked and thrown by the security guard and heard the whoosh of the fire starting. Glad I didn't see more of that. I'll also never forget the sound of a chassis snapping between turn 1-2 when one of the Garcia's hit the wall in their Late Model. You're right though, SAS just had a charm with sights, sounds, smells, not to take away from all the other tracks I've been to. I'm hoping weather clears up for the 20th in Goliad too or STS.

I love it. We all have our special memories. I remember Jerry McCormick's wreck at BIR in 1967-68. He hit the wall right in front of us coming out of turn 4 at about 90 mph, showered us with concrete chunks and dirt, the car caught on the guardrail at the top of the wall and started flipping end over end, bounced over the flagman, Johnny Garrison, then started rolling over and over I think they counted 8-9 times showering everyone in the stands with fuel, water and oil.. It was the worst I've ever seen.. But I have to say, watching Eric race at CTS is making some good memories also!! :-)

From fan to racer, it's definitely a different point of view. Think most, if not all, on this forum could go days telling stories from tracks all over the nation. Unfortunately, a lot of my memories are from tracks that have closed. Guess with the tracks still open you expect to continue to make memories, when they close, all you have left are the memories and stories.

we lived 2 miles from cc speedway in the 60.s and 70.s and 6 miles from the dirt track ..and i could not stand to hear em race friday and saterday and not be there ....regular and ethyl gas ..and 56 chevy,s ....and bacon was a lot better back then and milk ..and meat .and every other food before the government really took control of whats good for us ...have you ever noticed most people back in those days were healthier and leaner than they i we are now ..i was...lol.beer was better too bottle or a real cold draft .. .and cokes mostly in bottles ..bottle openers hanging around or you were looking for one .even to open you quart of texaco oil.all the memories

Archived