Halloween Havoc Late Model payout

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This discussion has gotten waaayyyy off topic, but a lot of this was a discussion that needed to be had. A lot of opinions have been presented, and now the disagreements are flying.

For the guys that have no interest in helping the late Model class grow, but feel the need to express concern, thank you, and see you around.

Those of you that are currently racing with us full or part time, we have already been in discussion, and will continue to be in discussion on which way we are heading.

Those that have an interest in joining the late model class, I'd like to hear your thoughts, so please send them to me in a personal message. A public forum works great for somethings, but for these type issues, it is really good at stirring up a bunch of $#!T.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

I would say 800 to win 100 to start would be a decent place for a Late Model purse to be. Maybe like 800, 600, 400 for top 3.

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way. I am not saying, "The track needs to pay this for us to race." A question was asked, and I'm responding. I think this purse is more reasonable for a class that runs every other month, or 2 or 3 times a season, but anymore than that, and most tracks will be needing help to get there.

Now, as far as finding some sponsors, that is a lot easier for the drivers to do in a series type situation, as we would have more negotiating room.

It is difficult to do as drivers to negotiate a sponsorship deal for the track. The sponsor is still going to want to know what they are getting for their money. That is a negotiation to happen between the potential sponsor and the track.

Thank you arob for the question.

Limiteds car count didn't increase because there affordable they increased because I-37 & Edna closed. Before that the Limiteds car count was way down.

Devils Bowl pays $750.00 to win $75.00 to start plus a points fund, Promoter secured Sponsor for it. Battleground pays $600.00 to win $100.00 to start, Promoter secured Sponsor for it. Thunder Valley pays $1000.00 to win $75.00 to start, Promoter secured Sponsor for that. All 3 pay full purse regardless of car count.

I can only speak for myself and the guys from Houston to Dallas we race with and our issue is Purse not Rules. We made every Late Model race at SOS for the past 3 years and even won the first TSLM points Champuonship the track had but in order to make it worth my while I have to break even, I don't have to be ahead even though it's nice but I do have to break even and I can't do that with the current Purse.

Like I said I really hope it works out for all parties involved but I still say fix the Purse and you will fix the car count.

Drew your motor and the majority of all the LLM motors would be contenders 1st night out if they were in a LM Tubular Chassis, no doubt in my mind. Good luck to you bro, I know you have been looking forward to this for a few years now.

Thanks Kelly.... I am gonna do my best to run with these guys.. I have bigger goals and dreams but have to start here.. I said one day we will have a tube car...and we are working on that...Thank you for all the support..

You said the key words , 2 or 3 times a season and it is fair IF on race one you pull 12+ cars.If the track puts up then the class does too.Saying that and if SOS goes with this they should pay the full purse on race one even if it is under 12 cars.It is only fair to those that show up.But it also gives them an out if only the usual 6 show up.Tracks have to take care of their biggest supporters and right now that is Limited Mods and Pure Stocks.They are pretty much a sure bet of double digit car counts.

We would not normally respond to post on Lone Star unless it has something to do with our rules and race procedures but have decided to break our rule. This has been for the most part a good question and answer session. There have been a few negatives but most have just been driver/fans stating their opinion.

Gone are the days when the pit gate paid the purse. We need sponsors to survive. We are a small town race track that is not located near a large metropolitan city. Our small towns do not have the $$$ to invest in a sports venue that is only open a limited number of days a year. What sponsorship we get for the track helps us to meet some of the expenses of keeping the track open but does not come close to covering the cost of maintaining the track and equipment. We sell sponsorship and in return give free passes to those that sponsor. So every time we get a $500 sponsor we in turn give away over $300 in passes. That means we are actually only getting about a $200 sponsorship. Every one expects something in return for sponsoring and we believe this is how to keep a sponsor returning year after year. We are not asking for you to sell track sponsorships. We will do that, but if you have a good lead for us just give us the info and we will pursue the company. Our current purse is already way over what our pit gate income is on a race night. Our purse will remain the same heading into the 2015 season.

As for social media, we have talked with owner/promoters that have told us they closed do to the negative effect of social media. We also got an email this week from a promoters magazine with an article about how social media is ruining local tracks and in the article it talks about two more tracks in the Eastern US closing mid season. We will be glad to let anyone interested read this article.

At some point next season we will be supporting the LM class in our own car as well as supporting our own llm class. All this talk about pay and purse and rules is great. I do believe you need to break even as kelly says. For people that have invested as much money as alot of you guys with bigger and better gear it makes sense...Im hoping we can show that a very low budget team can be compeditive and maybe that will help others not be intimidated by the class and also move up...JMO

Either way... We will be another car in your field...

We would not normally respond to post on Lone Star unless it has something to do with our rules and race procedures but have decided to break our rule. This has been for the most part a good question and answer session. There have been a few negatives but most have just been driver/fans stating their opinion.

I appreciate the fact that the good folks at Shady Oaks Speedway are trusting Lone Star Speedzone to be a safe place to discuss things that matter to the stock car racing community.

That's why Lone Star Speedzone is here and why I spend countless hours making sure that Texas short tracks and regional race series are not attacked in the LSSZ forums. These forums are free to any Texas short track or any regional stock car racing series.

Why more tracks do not take advantage of the Lone Star Speedzone forums is a mystery to me.

Just like a lot of folks, I read Facebook and am appalled at some of the attacks that are mounted against tracks and their officials. Frankly, all a track has to do is quit responding to them on FB and start using Lone Star Speedzone to communicate with their fans and teams. The boo-birds will soon tire of bitching to themselves and their six FB friends and the track owner will no longer have to spend all day on FB defending themselves.

All that to say that I'm glad that the Stacy family understands the value of using LSSZ.

Nick

Archived