South Texas Shootout December

SouthTexasSpeedway

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since we might be back out this season...Ill drive anything....My gear is always ready... lol..but im not a big dog so would that mean i am allowed to drive a lower class? lol...wish everyone good luck for the rest of the season!

greg you should drive your boys car for the big race, I don't have a son to drive mine and granddaughters are too young, only one grandson hes too busy and doesn't live here. maybe in a few years I can put the 11 year old granddaughter in a car. if me driving is going to hurt everbodys feelings I will sit in the stands and drink BEER. jmo.

BOBBY JACK

I just want to set the record straight if anyone thinks I was upset about anything. I'm not in the least. I just disagree with it but there's nothing wrong with it and I do see the positives in Street drivers driving in it. If you guys get in a car awesome. I've lived down here all my life and spent countless weekends at CCS/STS and know what the Carlucci's, Jack's, et al have done for the sport locally, and am familiar with who Tony and Mickey are. Who am I to say, "no you can absolutely not run"? If you guys race, awesome. If not, I hope you do show up to support the track. The $50 donations were kinda in jest (we will do it though). Greg, Bobby, Tony, Mickey, any others, if you have a car to drive, get in it and have some fun and thank you for the help you do give others.

Restricting any driver is the beginning of a cancer that spreads and will eventually lead to the demise of the positive inputs from the 100% of people involved in racing this track.I know,Ive seen it I watched it destroy my home track that everyone thought was invincible.It starts with kicking out 1 driver.Then somebody else is considered unacceptable.Soon the witch hunt begins and all "undesirables" are eliminated for whatever reason.Laughingly,the question in the pits becomes,"where did all the cars go?".I have seen this at many other tracks too.What made STS great was their open door policy that everyone is welcome,including the "undesirables"When you plant the seed of hatefulness,it grows like wildfire.

I have personally dealt with being told I should not race my car.Its unfair to the others.Face is it brought out others with the same ability and talent.The crybabies were the losers that couldn't win in a 1 car field.But the hatefulness destroyed 2 successful series and prevented the 3rd from growing.

Dont restrict any driver wanting to be a part of the show.Its a show after all.Nobody is going to build a brand new state of the art special hot rod for a 1 race deal.Dont plant that cancerous seed of hate just so a backmarker can improve a finish by a spot or 2.You have a chance right now to create an event that can become a tremendous event that surpasses modified and streets combined.You do after all have more cars around the state than anybody.Dont blow it.Bring EVERY car and driver you can find.If you can get 40 cars do you think you will not be on the card again????And if other tracks see the success,dont you think they will jump aboard?Restricting drivers is a death wish,believe me.

Im hoping Ken is wise enough to see the potential of a big show with the entry level classes,I have always said this is a market yet unexplored.And you finger pointers need to understand where this can lead.Give the race FULL support as well as ANY driver interested,or forever be the opening act on race nite.Imagine a show with 100 pure stocks.Or 150 like the Nationals at RGS became.

I dont have a pure stock but if I did would I be considered too experienced?Restricted?I do have 10 years of modified experience.Now how do you police this deal?See what happens?I dont want this track to close because of politics.JMO with 45 years of track experience.

• 1 month later...

Archived