Old 56 Chevy that raced at San Antonio Speedway !

Randy Larsen

This picture was taken probably 23-25 years ago at San Antonio Speedway, that's me in the #53 Chevy Nova, but for the life of me I can't remember the driver of this old 56 chevy, I was out at Central Texas Speedway for their last race and an old 56 chevy showed up to race and brought back this memory, I had to dig for this picture and am wondering if the car is still around, and who the driver was ?????......Thanks for any info.......... Randy

post-71-0-49888100-1408459195_thumb.jpg

I think the car topshelf is referring to was the 57 that Steve Riggs brought in the old Super Street class (whatever it was called) at San Antonio in the 90's. hubert Bean had a hand in building it; It resembled some of Hubert's cars from the 70's.

I stand corrected, that is the car I remembered as txtom stated. I just thought one of them drove it at one time but we weren't coming up every weekend at that time so maybe Damon was driving it that particular night or I just may be wrong. I do remember hearing the name Riggs too associated with that car and I'm not about to challenge txtom on historical info lol.

Archived