Needed tech man

Totally agree with not having any changes I just wanted to make sure before ordering parts. Would also like to know if we can run forged pistons I have heard rumors that we could but would like to know for sure since the rules specifically say no forged pistons.

1. Any straight or V-6 cylinder or V-8 engine with a maximum 361 cubic inch engine: must remain in stock location.

Stock motor mounts are required, may use OEM stock steel replacement motor mounts, which must be bolted into

stock location. Flat top or dish pistons only, 2 or 4 valve relief, must be cast, no forged pistons. Rods must 5.7 only.

Stock OEM or OEM replacement cranks, no lightening holes or knife edging allowed.

Keith

Totally agree with not having any changes I just wanted to make sure before ordering parts. Would also like to know if we can run forged pistons I have heard rumors that we could but would like to know for sure since the rules specifically say no forged pistons.

yes i also heard permission was givin to be able to run forged pistons just glad to see that it was answered and rule stated i asked this answer in a post before but wasnt answered this way thanks Keith for answering i also tried to get what crank is allowed i know it says oem replacement or stock but !!!!!!

sm002 your doing right thing asking before you build then shouldnt be any problem later and i like it being posted so we can see answers this should clarify the areas that some our not sure it does say in rules if you dont know ask and if it doesnt have in rules dont do. WITH the way tech is teching better to be safe than sorry ....The only thing i would like to see is claimer on shocks this wouldnt cost anything to drivers and i think it may help class.And it is good to see the teching of cars sos has done this year i raced four times and everytime they have teched something in purestock.

Seems to me they are finally getting tech right you can see how much closer everybody is running. I ask on here intentionally just so there can't be a rumor spread and for anyone else that may have had the same question. I'm with you on the claiming as well. I think there is more they should allow to be claimed than just shocks though.

Archived