POWRI West Midgets storm I-44 Riverside this Saturday

rebelracewriter

POWRI West Midgets Storm I-44 Riverside this Saturday

Oklahoma City, OK (August 5, 2014) - Battle Tested and nearly a month rested, the Lucas Oil POWRi West Midgets assemble their machines for a Saturday night showdown in the State Capitol.

The POWRi West posse are no strangers to I-44 Riverside confines, mounting for their seventh race this season at southwest Oklahoma Citys semi-banked, 1/5th mile, red clay oval.

Six trips to Riverside have produced five winners with Broken Arrow, Oklahomas Alex Sewell the only racer to score multiple wins in Oklahoma City.

On the strength of those two victories, the first of his Midget racing career, Sewell stepped to the top of the POWRi West point standings in the Sewell Mechanical, Action Auto Collision, Esslinger powered #8 Spike.

Sewell enjoys a commanding 240 point lead over Bixby, Oklahomas Kevin Bayer, who just scored his first POWRi West win in the most recent series event in Oklahoma City on July 12th.

If Bayer or his immediate company are to catch Sewell, they must start the comeback now with only five point races remaining to this groundbreaking 16 event campaign.

Just 40 points off Bayers pace and 280 behind the leading Sewell, Guthrie, Oklahomas Michelle Decker enters Saturdays contest third in the point standings with Owassos Matt Sherrell fourth.

Series Statesman and Jenks, Oklahoma native Eric Fenton enters fifth in the standings as the Southside Mowers #14E entry has found his midseason form after a dejecting opening half of the campaign.

Owassos Ty Hulsey and Broken Arrows Hannah Adair ride in a short distance behind Fenton, with a pair of early season winners in Choctaws Cody Brewer and Tulsas Jonathon Halford entering 8th and 9th in the standings, respectively.

Edmonds Matt Johnson currently sits tenth and holding off a charge from several contenders led by Broken Arrows Jason McDougal and Fort Worthm Texas racer Doug McCune.

Sixteen entries have already been confirmed for this Saturday nights event with Olathe, Kansas Tyler Nelson and Cabot, Arkansas Bobby Brewer each committed to long hauls to southwest Oklahoma City.

I-44 Riverside gates open at 4pm with drivers meeting at 530pm, followed by wheel pack and hot laps at 6pm. The first competitive green flags will fall at 7pm. Grandstand/Lawn Chair admission will be $12. Pit admission $20.

Lucas Oil POWRi West - 2014 Remaining Schedule

Saturday, August 9th - I-44 Riverside Speedway - OKC, OK

Saturday, September 6th - I-44 Riverside Speedway - OKC, OK

Saturday, September 27th - Port City Raceway - Tulsa, OK

Friday, October 10th - I-44 Riverside Speedway - 2nd Annual Twister Nationals

Saturday, October 11th - I-44 Riverside Speedway - 2nd Annual Twister Nationals

Lucas Oil POWRi West Complete Point Standings as of Wednesday August 8th

11 of 16 races complete

1. 8 Alex Sewell - 1410
2. 91B Kevin Bayer - 1170
3. 4m Michelle Decker - 1130
4. 35 Matt Sherrell - 980