Which Night?

drew

Not to mention with all the oilfield companies now and the area I bet the stands would be packed

Horse racing---yes

Barrel racing---yes

Auto racing---no

For whatever reason the oilfield money has not transcended into auto racing very much at all....I was talking to some people about that exact subject a couple weeks ago, and we all concurred....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not talking about big sponsors I'm just talking about spectators. There are a lot of guys that like racing if there was a track close they would go to. But you can't get away long enough to travel working down here like we do. We knows maybe one day we'll actually find out LOL until then go north it is

If the track had the wright kind of people running the track it would work on either night , the last time the track had a good repour with drivers and fans Frank Torres ran it since then the people running the shows didnt know how to treat the owners, drivers, or fans. Fix that and you can keep the pits and stands full

I totally agree with mac70 on this one... When we have a car on the trailer heading anywhere I always get approached by oilfield hands that are down here from north texas mostly, asking where we are going to race, unfortunately I have to tell them 2 hrs from here and they say s#*t I'd go if it were closer...

The gas/oil industry has been in the area for over five years....Since then we've had two area tracks close.....Granted you may find a few guys here or there interested, but the facts speak for themselves....

Anyone that knows me, knows my passion for racing......I'm not trying to be a negative Nelly, but I am realistic....

Thanks Reb...Your right this is not central Iowa...However...im not sure what your point is? lol.. I am simply asking for drivers and fans opinon on a racenight..... Logistically its up to the drivers whether they want to drive and race or mosy on over a few miles respectivly and have a fun night of racing... lol.

Dbl D...yes I have been told alot recently if its built they will come. lolol...Right now I am open to any opinons about anything..However keep in mind...I am just asking opinons on things..Many will read thru the lines and try to speculate as everyone probly can see what is going on here...but being that I am the one along with a couple others that are trying to put our minds together..... I ask that we just not bash ideas..regardless of the past trends......New people..new ideas..and for those who want to race, and for fans who want to come back to the track....affordably...(travel wise) I want to hear from you when we ask for opinons so we hear the voices of all of you.

I know how alot of people are...And I kow how things can go from a mole hill to a mountain in a minute and lose focus of what the topic is....Ill answer any questions anyone may have if I have them at the time. Right now...I just want to know what night is better for OUR LOCAL racers...The rest we will figure out if the time calls for it as we want everyone to have a place to race...near or far...

Right now....THERE IS NO COMMITTMENT TO ANYTHING..... had to get that out...for all fans and racers please continue with any plans you had for whatever your racing your doing.....when something happens..I promise..we will let you all know.................so....friday or sturday racing? LMAO.... ready go..

Drew and I have talked quite a bit over the past few months. He and a few others are putting their heads together but that's it. No track. No lease. No money changing hands.

He is very well aware of the numerous false starts and the disappointment that comes when false promises are made.

Right now he and a few others as simply kicking things around and if/when there is anything concrete to report, he will be using Lone Star Speedzone to keep us informed.

So... let's stop with the rumors and get on with the racing.

Nick

What if it started out on a once a month race schedule like cts. And i37 work with other tracks (cbs,sts,etc.) To help schedule the race nights around there schedule. And maybe do a Friday race one month a Saturday the next? Maybe question is a little to far in advance. Just a thought. My dad and i would like to help with man power if it comes time to get the track ready. It doesn't look to bad from far away. Again im getting ahead of myself. :)

Warrior....thats great input right there..And we are considering all avenues and one like you stated...It may seem way early to ask these things but the past has always reapeated itself if the present or future isnt planned right. lol...We are working everyday to get closer to a dream for all of us...Being prior military you can never plan to early for most things...And believe me..there will but alot more we will be asking....Rt now...the census is Saturday Night to begin with..However...we are liking the idea of mixing it up monthly to accomodate drivers that would like a friday night race....So we are writing all of the opinons down..I will keep you on the list for helping out also...God knows we will need it.....WE WILL HEAR EVERYONE....more to follow!

I do not believe switching back and forth between the two nights will work. You need to have a very consistent schedule if you want to draw fans. Don't make it where they have to go searching to find out if you are racing on a particular night because the casual fans will not do it. If you race once a month make it the same weekend every month. Same thing if you race twice a month. People have money after pay day so take that into consideration since this area is military and you know the military pay schedule.

Sprint.... I may not have been clear enough...Regular night racing will be one night... I meant to state special shows that come in...ex...Big Mods..They run CBS every sat..So we may do a friday night show to accomodate them..thats just an example....But great point. Say a 2 day show may be a friday sat..or sat and sun...Just depends..Consistancy is absolutel and your point is rt on the mark...Being that I am a huge military supporter the entire track and program will be in honor of our troops..every weekend....

Archived