Limited Late Models at SOS

I really think this would be a great time to show other tracks the car count we have and the show we put on. I think its time to look at other tracks to race at. NOT bashing STS but I myself and at least 3 others will not be racing there next year, its just to far and to many back to back races. I also think we would pick up a few more cars. I would love to support the LLM but if we can't race at a closer track I will have to build another car and race elsewhere. JMO. Once again this is not anything against STS.

One thing that can be done would be for Shady Oaks for next season would be to schedule their races opposite of STS. This could help increase car counts in all classes since Edna has closed. Some racers and fans would like to go to races every weekend and Shady Oaks does have a really nice facility. I myself can't afford to race every weekend especially the way my luck has been this season but I would like the option.

As a Corpus fan, I thank and applaud all the SA area LLMs for coming down as much as they do. I hope STS and SOS can work together as I enjoy both facilities and wanna say good job to the SOS guys for getting things going as well as they are there. Was really impressed with their program two weeks ago with Shootout.

LLM MAYBE ONCE A MONTH AT SHADY OAKS? JUST A QUESTION DONT KNOW IF THERE GOING TO SURVIVE DOWN SOUTH WITH MONEY IT TAKES TO HAUL DOWN THERE. I KNOW MYSELF AND #8 ARE GOING TO MISS THIS SAT AT STS BECAUSE OF YEARLY TRIP TO SWAP MEET IN FREDRICKSBURG. WISH THERE WAS ENOUGH CARS FOR ALL TRACKS BUT TIRES ARE COSTLY. MOST OF US SHOULD BE RUNNING PURESTOCKS WITH OUR BUDGETS, JUST NOT FUN TO RUN PURES ANYMORE WITH MY YEARS OF EXPERIENCE DONT THINK IT WOULD BE FAIR TO COMPETITORS. JMO

I know i dont have much room to say because we will miss this weekend again due to reconstruction of the car. But i agree with toybox...its very expesnive to run back to back at sts.. great track..and its very fast, but next season if we dont have a closer track we will be on a limited schedule. now things may change between now and then but as of rt now, we will have limited appearences at sts nxt year. we will be at the oct races at sos..cant wait!

• 3 weeks later...

I'am building a new car for next year now . Have chassis almost complete. If LLm are on the schedule for next year at at shady I'am all in .. I love that place.. Lets hear from other LLM's and get the party started .. Running on STS off weeks would be Great!!

We fans at STS have been very lucky to have this class the last season and a half.One thing I can tell SOS these racers do what they say.It is no secret the LLM class at STS is 70% or so San Antonio area cars.They told STS last year if STS provided the place to race they would provide the cars.And they did and have. Of course all this changes if they get their home track back.Bottom line is ,SOS, if this group tells you they will be there they will be there.I will be there for both October races to see how these cars do at SOS.They are a good group of drivers,Corpus guys included.

Archived