Chase for Championship

ccmotorspeedway

At CCMS we have been kicking around the idea of modeling the pure stock points system similar to the Nextel Cup points system.

Normal points apply until 8 races to go. At the 8 races left point we would take the top 10 drivers in points and any driver that had raced in 12 previous races and realign the points seperating each driver by only 3 points per position. Then continue with the chase for the championship for the last 8 races.

If we do this the announcer can relate something at the track to something everyone sees in the Nextel Cup every week.

I would like to get some feedback on what the racing community thinks of something like this at a local level.

Thanks

Owen :huh:

What if you only have 15 guys who are elegiable for the chase, do you think the others not in the chase will show and continue to spend their money nowing they wont be able to go any higher in the points?

Just wondering...... sounds like a good idea with good and bad mixed in it could go both ways.

what if you did a deal wheer you split the season in 1/4's and maybe gave some bonuses for the drivers winning the quarter throughout the season and if you win 3 out of 5 quarters you get bonus.???

J.C

Guest The_Greek
At CCMS we have been kicking around the idea of modeling the pure stock points system similar to the Nextel Cup points system.

Normal points apply until 8 races to go. At the 8 races left point we would take the top 10 drivers in points and any driver that had raced in 12 previous races and realign the points seperating each driver by only 3 points per position. Then continue with the chase for the championship for the last 8 races.

If we do this the announcer can relate something at the track to something everyone sees in the Nextel Cup every week.

I would like to get some feedback on what the racing community thinks of something like this at a local level.

Thanks

Owen :huh:

Owen,

i think that idea would work well with the Pure Stocks and the Texas Thunders, being that they have the larger car counts. i might be one of the few that actually likes NASCAR's new points system, makes for great racing all year, and the last weeks of the season even better.

just on a side note, any thoughts about adding a modified class to the local racing program, you and i know their are a bunch of them in our area just sitting around.

Archived