Licata named USRA Marketing Director

United States Racing Association (USRA)

Licata named as Marketing Director for USRA series

Kilgore, TX - Terry Dickerson, owner of the United States Racing Association (USRA), announced the hiring of Chuck Licata as the series Marketing Director, effective Dec. 3. USRA is formerly the ROMCO series of Super Late Models.

“We believe Chuck brings a lot of knowledge and experience to our series,” Dickerson said. “I think he’ll make a nice addition to the USRA staff, which includes me, my wife Tammy and Terry and Linda Barden. Chuck will handle the marketing and PR duties for USRA, and we’re happy to have him.”

“I’m very excited about joining Terry and Tammy Dickerson, and Terry and Linda Barden with USRA,” Licata stated. “After spending a good amount of time with them, I sincerely believe that everyone with USRA is looking to take motorsports in Texas to the next level. My job will be to assist Terry in adding sponsors to USRA so we can help make racing more affordable for the drivers and help make the local Texas asphalt race tracks more viable in putting on races. Without those drivers and race tracks, USRA wouldn’t get past the planning stages.”

Licata added, “The commitment I see from Terry Dickerson and the opportunity to work with great people like the Bardens gives me the feeling that we will improve the motorsports landscape in Texas. Working with USRA is like completing a version of racing’s ‘Triple Play,’ in that we’ll improve racing for the drivers, the fans and the racing community as a whole.”

Dickerson also announced today that Richard Day will remain with the series as a consultant, and that Andy Taylor has been retained as the web master for the USRA web site (www.USRA2005.com), which is expected to be online by Dec. 31, 2004.

“Richard Day has been an integral part of getting this series started, and we’re happy he’ll remain with USRA as a consultant,” Dickerson added. “Richard’s vast experience in racing will prove invaluable to our series. Andy has done a lot for us behind the scenes, and he’ll be in charge of creating one of the best racing web sites around.”

Licata was the Marketing Director and Track Announcer for Thunder Hill Raceway in Kyle before resigning that position early last week. Licata, along with Ric Clark, hosts The Motorsports Zone radio show on KVET-AM 1300, “The Zone,” the UT Sports Flagship station in Austin.

Way to go Chuck!

Totally awesome, dude!

I know you have put in a lot of years and a ton of hard work to get to this point. I hope that this opportunity is everything you have worked for, and then some. It is nice to see a great guy like you get a good break. I may be the "hardest working race announcer", but I think you have been the "hardest working marketing and PR dude".

Congratulations. Hope to see you at the track this year!

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Archived