how do the ROMCO teams feel?

WildRacer5

So how do the ROMCO teams feel? Yes there was a post in the press release section about teams wanting to race the series next year but how do you guys feel? Do you think that the series will be about the same just with a new name? Do you guys think that Dickerson will run everybody off? Do you think that it will get better? What constitutes the series getting better - More out of state drivers comming to race?

My two cents on the issue is that the fans will come and watch the super late models race no matter what they are called. The fans watched when it was TIDA and when it was ROMCO and will watch with USRA. It really does not matter who or what the supoort series will be. I think that the USRA model is more like the Southern All star model not NASCAR. Nothing will be as big as NASCAR. It is the 800 pound gorillia effect. SAS has or had a SLM, pro LM and a truck series. There only backing was O'Riely's. The key to make USRA work will be a sponsor to help promote it.

The Pro late model also has flat tappet cam this year, or thats what they were going to do. As far as the new USRA deal, the plan sounds great. If he can execute the plan the series and fans will grow, not to mention the cost will come down. What makes me comfortable about it is that Terry Barden is still running the show. You WILL NOT find a better director.

how i feel,

now since mr dikerson kame in and made it 3000 to win and 400 to start, im gonna buy me a romko, or wait, a usra kar, and go racin. now, im gonna just put one set of tires on the kar, only fill the kar up wit fuel one time at da begginin of season, start every race and only make one lap. by doin this, i will have the first season of my kareer that i will profit $3750. never has racing for last place been so rewarding. thank you mr dikerson!!!!! :D

and the romko kar i buy will maybe be the $750 dollar kamero that nascarbar is selling in da klassifeds sektion. so, even after i buy the car, i will make $3000 next season. this will be the biggest money makin year i have ever had.

again, thank you

kosher_kowgirl,

I know you are just messing around, but I think it's a step in the right direction when more financial attention is placed throughout the field instead of just at the top of the finishing order.

Nick Holt

tommy,

i havent paid to get in the pits in years. i always jump the fence. at SAS, i like jumpin the fence the most kuz u knever know what u kould find between the fence and the trak at SAS. i wonce found a traktion kontrol deal that sumbody must've threw out of their kar after they won. its gonna work good in my kamero romko kar. it says wilson motorsports #82 on it, but i dont know who that is. anybody ever heard of him??

So is it just one actual ROMCO/USRA driver responded so far?

No one is bitchin, and Eddie's response is generally positive.

Multiple Choice:

They either don't care

Haven't decided

Haven't come out from under the car yet

Don't want to piss the management off

Or they don't TSZ

i'm guess some don't tsz too much -but what the hell is there to say , they know who they're racing for.....they have no decision to make...they are the premiere super late model class...there is no debate on their part....ask them again at the conclusion of the 05 season....

I attended the meeting, and am friends with several drivers and teams.

I think most of them are taking a "wait and see" attitude.

DO NOT TAKE THIS AS A NEGATIVE STATEMENT.

Everything that Dickerson brought up at the meeting has been stated before in past years by past promoters, the teams are waiting to see what happens in 2005 and beyond.

Archived