Statement from Jon Garrett

I am sure by now, that many of you have heard that there was an offer made to purchase the Lone Star Region of the AllStar Race Truck Series. The offer was made shortly after the race at TMS on November 6, 2004. I was finishing up loose ends with the TMS race, and had the 2004 awards banquet to plan. With not a lot of time to make a decision on selling the series, and leaning towards actually selling it, at the eleventh hour, I decided not to sell to Terry Dickerson and Trackside Entertainment.

This decision was made after many conversations between Mr. Dickerson and myself. While Mr. Dickerson's plans for the series sounded good, after giving it careful consideration, I just felt that the core values and integrity of ARTS, established with the blood, sweat, and tears of people like D. Bruce Stark, were not going to be carried on. At this time it is in the best interest of the region to remain a part of ARTS and under the guidance of Rose City Racing. I did offer to work with him and run races in conjunction with the new USRA series with him as the promoter, but Mr. Dickerson insisted that he must have control of the series. I welcomed the effort Mr. Dickerson is putting forth to further the Super Late Model Series in Texas and grow the overall fan base. However, I am deeply disappointed that he has chosen to create a new series to compete against ARTS, especially given the state of our local racing economy. These times call for cooperation, not divisiveness from within.

This was not a financial decision. Anyone that really knows my family, and me know that we are not independently wealthy. My family, like many others in our racing community, has made personal sacrifices of time and money to make this series possible. We do this because we want to see ARTS racing to continue to grow in the direction that it has been going in the past few years. The ARTS family of teams compete hard on the track and help each other off of it. Close competition, qualifying within thousandths of each other, and side by side finishes, are all things that spectators that watch ARTS are accustomed to seeing, and we would like to continue that into the future.

The 2005 Lone Star schedule is close to being finalized. Thunder Hill Raceway, Red River Speedway, Houston Motorsports Park and Texas Motor Speedway have all committed to allow ARTS to run at their tracks. The tentative schedule and purse structure will be released on December 3rd, 2004. I can assure you, that each race will pay $750 to win and $150 to start, no matter how many trucks start the feature. Three of the five ARTS National Championships have come from our region. I look forward to seeing the next National Champion come out of our region in 2005.

I would like to thank all the drivers, owners, crewmembers, sponsors, and fans that have supported ARTS in the past, and I am counting on your continued support.

Sincerely,

Jon Garrett

ARTS - Lone Star

I guess this is the declaration from ARTS of a civil war with trucks in Texas. Hopefully SOMETHING will be worked out before the season starts. :angry:

Declaration of war from ARTS or USRA? If Jon didn't want to sell the series, it seems like USRA could have found another support series to buy rather than trying to break up the ARTS series.

I don't see how this situation can be good for truck racing in texas at all. We don't have a truck, but we'd be racing with ARTS if we did.

cs

JON I SUPPORT YOU ALL THE WAY. AND AS YOU KNOW I AM WORKING ON LOTS OF THINGS FOR THE ARTS SERIES FOR THE 2005 SEASON, I WILL JUST GO OUT ON A LIMB HERE AND TELL EVERYONE THAT WILL BE COMPETING IN THE ARTS SERIES ,THAT THERE WILL BE A BRAND NEW BOAT UP FOR GRABS FOR THE 2005 ARTS CHAAMPION. AND I WILL BE WORKING ON OTHER STUFF FOR THE ARTS. HMMMM SOUNDS LIKE I KNOW A LOT OF PEOPLE TO. ITS NOT MUCH BUT IT IS A START. AND AGAIN I WILL TELL EVERYONE I AM WITH JON TILL THE END. I HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR THE MAN. MATTHEW HOWELL

wait wait wait....

Almost done.

Maybe the race dates will be on opposite weekends and racers can come out and race and forget about the politics. Think. You could have 25 races in Texas you could race in. May not be so bad afterall.

25 races would be great if I wasn't married with kids...not to mention wear and tear...that isn't going to work.

Awe c'mon Larry, 20+ straight races ain't so bad. It's just like your average weekly racing season. :lol:

Actually, the 2005 THR schedule is looking pretty good with a few weeks off during the season.

25 races would be great if I wasn't married with kids...

buy them some crew shirts and put them to work....

Archived