is this forum alive?

OK, just for fun, let's talk about this: This year, TALMS implemented some pretty significant rules changes aimed at evening the field a little between the asphalt-built cars and the dirt-built cars. Primarily, the 56% max left side weight rule and the no bump stop rule. Curious if people think this was a good move and might have the desired effect, or will the asphalt cars still have their 2 to 3 tenths advantage? Not trying to stir up an argument by any means. I think Cody made a good decision with this that may ultimately slow his car down but hopefully make for some tighter racing throughout the field.

I think the 56% rule will help some. In theory it should slow the cars down. Which In theory makes for better racing. Ill just be glad when mine is done so I can come play.

Hey hey! We got some action here! With the 56% rule we're trying to make the field more even. Thus giving the croud and racers a better race. Also it will make a win all that much sweeter knowing you had to work to get it. As a promotor my goal is to have 10 different winners in 10 races. As a driver I don't like the 56% rule much lol. But in the end the 2014 TALMS Season will prove to be tge best aspalt racing Texas has seen in decades.

I think it was a smart move but I don't think you will see any cars slow down much. My car only had 56.1 and I did not feel at all at a disadvantage. I honestly assumed that was about where everyone was. Joey Heinaman ran strong at CTS in my car and I qualified well at CC Speedway after not sitting in a race car in almost 2 years. I was only a tenth off the fastest qualifier and I had a car so loose that I could barely touch the gas.

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but, as a fellow racer I commend Cody for making changes that he feels will bring cars to the track and be good for Texas racing in general. I support your efforts Cody and wish you and the TALMS series the best for 2014.. Chuck B.

Most racing organizations that I am familiar with have a left side weight limit of 58%or less. Most of the time it doesn't go below 56% unless there is a penalty being imposed for some reason or other.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived