Snowball Derby on Jayski.com

Snowball

The Snowball Derby always gets mentioned on jayski.com which is the most visited racing website on the web.

Here is the info about the Derby from jayski.

Snowball Derby coming: The 37th annual Snowball Derby is this coming weekend (December 1 – 5) and many of the top Super Late Model racers from around the country will converge on Five Flags Speedway in Pensacola, FL in search of the coveted $20,000 prize. Some NASCAR drivers, past and current planning to race include: Rusty Wallace's son Stephen, two-time Snowball winner Gary St. Amant, defending winner Charlie Bradberry, Stanley Smith and Kevin Cywinski. As of Thanksgiving weekend, 56-drivers from 14-different states were entered, with more expected to show up when the gates open on Wednesday. Once again, Speed51.com will bring you behind the scenes from the moment the first car hits the track, till the checkers fall on the 300-lap race. “This is by far my favorite event of the season,” said Speed51.com editor and SPEED Channel broadcaster Bob Dillner. “Winter is about to set it, everyone is about to get ready for the holidays, but it all gets put on hold for one last race weekend of the year. It’s an outlaw style race, with the best short trackers in the nation."

“There is nothing like watching racing in December... you've gotta love it,” said Matthew Dillner, who has been part of all four years of 51’s Snowball coverage. “I've had this date marked on my calendar all year long and can't wait to be down in Pensacola.” Bob and Matthew are just two members for the five person crew speed51.com will have in Pensacola. Photographer Bob Milner will help spice up the site, while 51-anchorman Jeremy Troiano will be patrolling the pits. The new guy on deck for this year is Mike Twist, who is from the Speed51 northern office. For coverage on the Snowball Derby, see www.Speed51.com or www.snowballberby.com.(11-29-2004)

Archived