Great job by IH-37 crew

ChuckLicata

Hey gang..

Not sure what time the racing ended the other night at I-37...I did get an email from Rebelracewriter at 5:45 a.m. with the results...

Regardless..it seemed like a good night, outside of it apparently being a long night...listening to Sarge announce, watching Reb do some "glorified go-for" work for Sarge--they worked well and Sarge was very entertaining on the microphone...A resident from near the track (John Middleton) who introduced himself to me told me that Sarge does a great job at I-37..

I also got a chance to visit with Reb and Jason and Greek...Didn't see Big John, guess he was too busy over at the beer cooler, LOL :lol::lol::lol: Also got a chance to meet Owen Pittman in person--nice guy!

Glad a few people got a chance to meet Terry Dickerson while he was there, too..Oh yes, almost forgot the most important part--THE RACING WAS GREAT! Good job by all... :D

Thanks for the kind words Chuck.

Sorry I didn't have a setup so you could do some side announcing with me, would have been fun. I will work on that and possibly have something setup beginning next year.

Ain't ole Reb a great guy? Yes, he did some of my dirty work for me, and I truly do appreciate the help I received, both from him and you Chuck, thanks.

Come on out on Jan 8. Races start at 2:00 PM.

Hope to see you around.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working.....(ok, ya'll know my secret now :P ) in Texas! Have microphone and Rebleracewriter, will travel.

Chuck it was nice seeing you there and getting to chat. Sarge I really enjoyed hearing you announce...But during the cautions was about the only time I could hear from where I was. Congratulations to Owen on a very respectable finish (10th) with what looked like an under powered Corpus Bomber. Talked to Owen before the races and was told the Corpus cars were there to support I37 as did the pure stock cars did at CCMS. Other than the cold and wearing part of the track we really enjoyed some great racin'. My friends Joey Whitehead and Elias Anderson both did good and had cars that were still able to drive on the trailers at the end of the night. I have a deal in the works so I may be able to try out dirt racin' during the Winter Series. :D

Archived