ALL YOU GAMERS OUT THERE

Rookie49

My son is getting an x-box. He wants to do some online gaming to include racing. Is that what you guys are using or is that something he can do with the computer. If its the xbox do you have to buy a game to play it online, if its a computer what disc or software is needed. I know absolutely nothing about gaming. I have always considered video games a huge waste of time, but through the comparison of online forums :D my wife and kids have convinced me. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP.

Alright... Looks like the offseason has people bored! :P . Ok we race on the PC, the game we race is Nascar 2003 Season made by Papyrus & Sierra. Don't get the one made by EA Sports, it sucks. Im not sure where you can find the game anymore, I know around here in Corpus I dont think anyone is caring it. But I do know many places online that are selling it for as low as 7$ such as Amazon.com and eBay.com . After you get that you will need a Steering Wheel. I would recommend getting a Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel non Force Feedback. It's the best wheel for the price. I found a good one on eBay, check it out HERE. After you get that stuff let us know and we'll hook you up with what ever else you need. Any questions just ask! We hope to see you on the track soon! :)

i got some sugestions for the Xbox. Well, you can play online with an xbox. all you have to do is hook up an ethernet cable in to the port on the back of it. The Xbox already has a modem built in, like a computer. Which means you will need high speed internet, which is required. The one bad thing is for xbox is you have to buy XBOX LIVE. It basically allows you to play online on microsoft's server, and it is a yearly subscription. I play EA's NASCAR 2005 on my PS2 and for PS2 all you have to do is buy a modem for like $25 at walmart and get on. There is no subscription or anything to get online with PS2. All you have to do is buy the game. and the modem. Also for PS2 some games like Nascar recomends you have high speed, it's not a necesity. But the game is laggy, which makes you crash alot because you connection will be bad. A regular "phone" connection can't transfer all of the info as fast as high speed internet, like roadrunner, etc. Hope this helps.

-Shawn

P.S.-Need to add more RAM, then there will be some Luchin goin on!!!!!!!

Greg,

The bad thing about that is being booted from the game! :lol::D We have a lot of fun though, I am looking forward to it.

Tim

I won't be to rough. Looking forward to having some fun as well. I have 256Ram but the damn thing keeps bootin me out. It runs fine until then. Hope that adding some more will fix the problem. Really don't want to spend money for a new computer. But I will...........I'm having offseason withdrawals.

I won't be to rough. Looking forward to having some fun as well. I have 256Ram but the damn thing keeps bootin me out. It runs fine until then. Hope that adding some more will fix the problem. Really don't want to spend money for a new computer. But I will...........I'm having offseason withdrawals.

It might not be your RAM... What exactly does it do, when does it do it, and does it say anything? Before you go spend money on RAM because most likley its not your ram, 256 should be enough. And speedracer, you can practice with us, we usually practice for about an hour before we race. It's no biggie if ya spin. Me and Jason delt with Big John, Josh, Greek, Tim, Bradly, and may be leaving a couple out. And Brad has gotten pretty damn good at the Short tracks, Jason isnt bad either. I still kick ass at the Road Coarses, Speedways, and Superspeedways though! :P

Greg,

What resolution are you running the game in? It might be too much that your video card can't keep up with it. Play with the settings a little bit. Also, make sure you have all of the approprite/latest video drivers and patches loaded. This might save you some trouble.

Tim

Derrick you might have me at the roadcoarses but Bradley and I whoop you on the short tracks. The speedways and superspeedways take absolutely no skill. You know that. Those track it is all in the setup. Kind of like those OWR cars.

I won't be to rough. Looking forward to having some fun as well. I have 256Ram but the damn thing keeps bootin me out.  It runs fine until then. Hope that adding some more will fix the problem. Really don't want to spend money for a new computer. But I will...........I'm having offseason withdrawals.

It might not be your RAM... What exactly does it do, when does it do it, and does it say anything? Before you go spend money on RAM because most likley its not your ram, 256 should be enough. And speedracer, you can practice with us, we usually practice for about an hour before we race. It's no biggie if ya spin. Me and Jason delt with Big John, Josh, Greek, Tim, Bradly, and may be leaving a couple out. And Brad has gotten pretty damn good at the Short tracks, Jason isnt bad either. I still kick ass at the Road Coarses, Speedways, and Superspeedways though! :P

well i havent figured out how to edit a quote but...256mb RAM is the bare minimum to run this game, errr sim.....certainly adding RAM will not hurt

Derrick you might have me at the roadcoarses but Bradley and I whoop you on the short tracks.  The speedways and superspeedways take absolutely no skill.  You know that.  Those track it is all in the setup.  Kind of like those OWR cars.

You cannot say that Superspeedways and speedways are all setup and no skill... Thats why in 98% of the FIXED setup races I run in I get pole, and about 90% superspeedway fixed I win. How do you explain that? Just the other night I raced a server called "OPENSPEEDWAY" at tona and dega BR tracks, its a fixed setup server. It was the first time ive run CUP in about 5 months. I went in there and out of about 23 people my first race back I got pole, I raced 4 time and 3 times I got pole and the one i didnt is because I didnt qualify. I also won 3 outa the 4... :rolleyes:

Derrick shut up dude. You know you got wrecked in all 4 races. Superspeedways are boring now. You know I am right up there with you at the front. It takes 0 skill. It is all about experience in fixed setups and we been racing forever. Speedways are boring too.

Derrick shut up dude.  You know you got wrecked in all 4 races.  Superspeedways are boring now.  You know I am right up there with you at the front.  It takes 0 skill.  It is all about experience in fixed setups and we been racing forever.  Speedways are boring too.

Still dont agree with that 0 skill... If it took 0 skill, then why do people wreck? If it took 0 skill why would one person win so much and on an even setup type race? How is being in the middle 3 wide for a couple laps not causing a wreck 0 skill? Which happen at two of those 4 races. What do you other guys think? And yes I did win 3 outa the 4...

Archived