Who will be attending the 12/14 S.T.A.R.T. meeting

S.T.A.R.T.Admin

On the "No Series People" proposal...and don't anyone get defensive, I'm just sharing my view...

I think if people like Mickey McKim wants to share his knowledge with this up-start group, then he should be allowed to show up and share his knowledge...It's great folks like Mickey who built (in Mickey's case, he "literally" built race cars) local racing..If you heard Matt Kenseth's PR guy, Jeff Cheatham, on the MZone Show, then you know how much HE appreciates what Mickey did to get him involved in racing...

Before I signed on with USRA, I volunteered Chuckman the services of Dani Promotions to start putting out the press releases for S.T.A.R.T. In fact, I'm getting with Chuckman today to write one up for next week's meeting..Now that I work for USRA, should I not show up and try to help?

Racing in Texas needs everyone - as Eric said - to work together...To me, that means work together, no matter what racing "group" you belong to...

Again..don't anyone get defensive, just sharing my thoughts and views..and congrats to everyone who's trying to make S.T.A.R.T. a success...

Well put Chuck.

This group isn't for THR, it isn't for SAS, it isn't for CCMS, it isn't for....

What this group is for is...

A group of drivers, crews, sponors, administrators, promoters, fans and anyone else passionate about Stock Car Racing - doing their part in Supporting Texas Auto Racing Together.

If certain tracks/series/drivers come away with more to benifit than others, great. But, the point is to support All Stock Car Racing in Texas, and how to make it better. Heck, I'm "only a fan", but I'm trying my best to help get this going because I don't want to see the sport I enjoy fade away because everyone just sat around and said "welp, that's the way it is".

This is how I view START.

If you are a race fan, you work for a race track, you are a team member, or even a driver for a race team S.T.A.R.T. was put together for you.

I have spoken to several local Dirt track racers that are interested in coming to the meeting, because they think that we can all help grow our sport. I do not think it matters if you race in a series, or just at a local track none of us want to see local racing die off.

Auto racing can be supported from many different angles, and there is strength in numbers.

If we all team up together we may be able to help change some peoples minds, and get more people in the grandstands, and maybe make it easier for teams to get a sponsor.

People just need to keep an open mind about Start, and see what good can come from this.

It has to crawl before it can run........

Great ideas, and Input.

I for one am looking forward to see what possitive things come from this new group.

Good luck to the people behind START.

Bryan

As I told Chuckman last night, there WILL be someone representing USRA at the meeting on the 14th..

As soon as we coordinate schedules, I'll be happy to tell you which one of us is gonna be there..

Dunno if i will show up at 7 or not but ill be there by 8:30. But just some ideas. Car Shows (get people interested in the cars), Talk to chuck about "MAYBE" having a part of his show every sunday morning where he gives away a pair of FREE tickets to thr the next weekend (ask maybe a local racing question or maybe a question about NASCAR) I know this is a long shot but call a news station and see if you can get Racing results posted maybe right before they go to a commercial on sundays kinda like they do highshool football. Last and most important i know you all have heared the saying you have to spend money to make money well your gonna have to ADVERTISE yea speedzone works for race fans who go here all the time but get a comercial run before 10p.m people have to work not alot of people stay up till midnight or 2a.m you have to ADVERTISE get people who dont konw much about racing into the sport wether they goto watch the wrecks or they go to watch racing. Either way you got there money at the gate and in the beer stand. Also advertise before you have a big race such as the spectacular or a great time would have been before the "Big Shot" let people know that your gonna have drivers like Gary St. Amant or Ricky Turner here. these are names that people have hered before from other big races or maybe they watched a race where some of the bigger names raced. There are tons of people who get on a computer to find out about the "SnowBall" they see big names there. Then they say wow so and so raced here and did good now hes comin to kyle. Just some ideas ill try to make it by 7 but no promises. Hope all that makes sense.

"Tex-Mex"

A.K.A Randy

P.S. Im sure J.C. would love to come down and talk about all this with yall whos willing to pay that deisel bill?

Chuck, the check is in the mail.

Marc and I live in DFW so "no" on attendence.

Neil U pointed out that there are 9 Nascar Sat. night races. That got me thinking about something that we do at the golf club I manage. When there is a big tournament (like the Masters) that the club members would rather stay home and watch instead of coming out and playing, the pro has a competition where the members score(played during the tv broadcast) is combined with a professional's score from that days round like they are a two man team. We keep some "leaderboards"(scoreboards) around the course so they know how the tv tournament is going. It has been very successful.

Could a similar thing work at the track? Spectators could make "picks" (ahead of time) of who will win the street stock race combined with who will be the leader in the nascar race as the ss checkered flag falls. They win some sort of prize and it's double if they have the right shirt or hat, etc on.

Just a passing thought...

Jay

Archived