Who will be attending the 12/14 S.T.A.R.T. meeting

S.T.A.R.T.Admin

Everyone Could you please respond if your are coming to the meeting or not. And what is your affiliation with Racing... Driver/Fan/Owner/Promoter... and your home track or series...

We want to express a standing invitation to all Tracks, Series, and anyone...

Current issues on the agenda are:

The future of the ARTS Trucks in Texas.

Creation of a Texas Racing Events Calendar *(Decrease double booking of dates)

Funding S.T.A.R.T.'s efforts. *(can't do everything without $$)

Creation of a S.T.A.R.T Phone Directory

Continued Brainstorm on how S.T.A.R.T can help racing.

Next Meeting: 7:00pm Tuesday December 14, 2004 at Highland Lanes (corner of 183 & Burnet Road)

Highland Lanes

8909 Burnet Road, Austin, TX 78757

(512) 458-1215

The meeting is estimated to run untill 9PM..

#1-who's the START admin-dont hide behind a title-let us know who you are-#2-i dont think there is a problem with the future of ARTS-sounds like some people are creating one-mr. jon t garrett has ARTS well under control-you might call him before you start getting into ARTS business-i know you have good intentions and i wish you luck, but check whats up the tree before you start barking-

I will be at the meeting... Aaron Brungot THR/JRA Kids Club ** And always a fan!!!

I have also just a few moments ago got off the phone with Terry Dickerson. I extended the invite to the meeting.

He will make every effort to be there, However is not 100% He stated that he will go over most of his information this weekend at Texas Events Center with the series's future plans.. I intend on being there and if he is not able to make it will bring my notes to the Start meeting..

Tommy,

There are multiple people that could be the S.T.A.R.Tadmin...

Myself created the account and posted the message, however Charles Buxton could as well post info on the id once i get him the login info.

#2 below is what i posted in orig. Posting. To your comment, there is no where that says ARTS is in danger.... Or anything negitive... S.T.A.R.T is about addressing current racing issues with the drivers/Owners/Promoters/Tracks/and just as important Fans. Your correct that ARTS is the current hot topic.. and no one is in a situation to judge so... thats why its on the agenda to talk about the facts and what the racing community can do to support it as a series..

Do you have Jon G.'s # i would like to personally extend an invite to this meeting. I know he would have a long way to travel but I am sure he would like the invitation...

Current issues on the agenda are:

The future of the ARTS Trucks in Texas.

i just think it is something that all of a sudden people are concerned about ARTS future cause some guy wants to add a truck series to his late models-few weeks ago it was thr's future-is it going to be around to race on next year-now its ARTS-whats it going to be next week-TAMS and the Limited Mods going to race on same card like big brother little brother-who knows-you say that nowhere does it say ARTS is in danger-but when you put it as an agenda of "about the future of ARTS"-it make it sound like there is a problem in ARTS-ARTS is a national series-not just in texas-go to www.allstarracetruck.com and look it over-seems ok to us ARTS people.dont mean to bitch, but when people start on something i care alot about and there really isnt a problem with the series, it hits a nerve(which ones i can still feel)

• 2 weeks later...

just trying to figure out what you people are really going to talk about? I think unless the track operators are at these meeting yall are pissing into the wind. Seems to me we are going to have a bunch of people that have their noses stuck into decision making that they really should be involved in. Just my two thoughts, I sgree with the racers/fans and crews trying to help racing in texas as a whole. Instead of orginzing a way to drink beer with everyone why dont we take a few saturdays and go to the actual track and work on making it a place you would like to spend your weekends.

2nd - help the car counts their are a lot of cars out there that arent running due to money reasons but i guarantee that there are more cars that arent running due to lack of work.

3rd lets not bring series into these meetings becuase the series have their own people who take care of the problems with in the series. Im sure they will offer you a job if you really wanted to be involved in the decision making of any particular series.

Just my thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a wonderful day.........

Love,

J.C

J C

1 Thanks for the input and that is what we are looking for.

The communication between the tracks and the drivers is

one of my main objectives.Nobody that is involved in START

has their nose stuck up in the air nor are we sticking it where

it doesn't belong.The people that are in START are all associated

with THR some work there and some race there.

2 Are you telling me you will help us work on our car?

3 Hopefilly we will be working with all the classes and series not

just one.I'm not looking for a job just a way to better organize

the activities that go on throughout the year,such as car shows

and promotional apperances,something that has been lacking

in my opinion.

never said it wouldnt work nor was it wrong just gave a nother suggestion on how i feel the track could use START or START could help the tracks I just feel anyone track cant help a series, the series is set up so that they do the scheduleing, and work out the problems within that series............ As for working on your car, what do you need?? work id cheaper than knowledge. I work you pay for the knowledge.

Car shows, huh now thats an idea appearences i like these ideas. Good luck

I am not knocking what yall are doing just not understanding your full objective. I guess

J.C

Car shows are not a new thing.. finding the right crowd and presentation is the key.. and START will do that...

JC.. will you be able to make the meeting? it would be great to get to know you in person.. I know you have a Huge value in the racing world locally...

Aaron

Lets see...I am a THR Steet Stock Driver but I am also a TSRS Official...JC says no series people need attend. THR, SAS and CCMS are the tracks I race at and START is a group with a positive attitude for our local racing community....Hmmm...I say the hell with anyones 2 cents worth that races one or two races a season and tries to put a negative on a group that is trying to help local racing. Mickey McKim TSRS Official and THR Street Stock Dri

On the "No Series People" proposal...and don't anyone get defensive, I'm just sharing my view...

I think if people like Mickey McKim wants to share his knowledge with this up-start group, then he should be allowed to show up and share his knowledge...It's great folks like Mickey who built (in Mickey's case, he "literally" built race cars) local racing..If you heard Matt Kenseth's PR guy, Jeff Cheatham, on the MZone Show, then you know how much HE appreciates what Mickey did to get him involved in racing...

Before I signed on with USRA, I volunteered Chuckman the services of Dani Promotions to start putting out the press releases for S.T.A.R.T. In fact, I'm getting with Chuckman today to write one up for next week's meeting..Now that I work for USRA, should I not show up and try to help?

Racing in Texas needs everyone - as Eric said - to work together...To me, that means work together, no matter what racing "group" you belong to...

Again..don't anyone get defensive, just sharing my thoughts and views..and congrats to everyone who's trying to make S.T.A.R.T. a success...

Archived