"Turkey Trot II" News Release

NeilTPS

“Turkey Trot II” at I-37 Speedway – November 26 & 27

Pleasanton, Texas -

This Saturday night, I-37 Speedway will present the Second Annual “Turkey Trot II” Thanksgiving weekend special event.

The racers will hold practice sessions on Friday, November 26 from 1:00pm to 8:00pm.

The races are scheduled for Saturday, November 27.

(Note: In the event of a weather delay, Sunday, November 28 will be the backup race date).

On Friday, November 26, I-37 Gates open prior to practice at 11:00am.

On Saturday, November 27, I-37 Gates open prior to practice at 11:00am.

The racing program starts at 7:00pm as I-37 Speedway will present:

Modifieds…which will pay the Feature Race winner $1,000

SIMS Modifieds… which will pay the Feature Race winner $800

Pure, Hobby & Bomber Stocks…paying the Feature Race winner $800

Heat and Feature Races will be held for each classification.

I-37 Speedway is a quarter mile oval dirt track located on the east side I-37 exactly 30 miles south of the Interstate 37 and Loop 410 interchange.

Racing fans from San Antonio, Corpus Christi and other South Texas areas should take exit # 104 (Leal Road) proceed south on the east frontage road and follow the signs to I-37 Speedway. Maps and detailed I-37 racing information is available on.http://www.I37Speedway.net/ or call I-37 Speedway office toll free 800/377-1303 or at 210/532-5421 or General Manager Frank Torres at 210/367-6261

I-37 Speedway Admission Prices:

Adult Grandstand - $ 10

Seniors 65 and older - $ 7

Competitors Pit Passes - $ 25 (each day)

Non-Competitors Pit Passes - FREE on Friday, $ 25 (Race Day)

Children ages 7 to 11 years - $ 3

Children ages 6 and under – FREE

Thanks for adding about non-competitors. That is pretty cool. Good job Frank and Joe. Only going up on Saturday because of work on Friday but may be bringing some people who have never been to car races. See you guys Saturday!

speedracer34

I checked with I-37 Track Manager Frank Torres. He predicts last year's "Turkey Trot" Modified car count of 46 will be exceeded for "Turkey Trot II" on November 27.

In answer to your most recent question, I have done the press release work for I-37 Speedway all year.

Neil Upchurch

Archived