Terry Dickerson big plans for ROMCO

Jason

i missed chucks show-what were some of the good things he talked about for next year? did he mention what support series will race with the new series?what will the new late model series be called instead of romco?

He didn't mention either one.

He mentioned that he plans on bringing down costs but don't expect big changes in rules this year. He did mention that he plans to put an end to traction control and is talking with the people at MSD. A guy from the World of Outlaws for like 16-17 years is coming on board as far a promotion. He says he plans to promote this thing like crazy. As far as running out of state he mentioned that he has talked with a few tracks and if they do travel it will be a big weekend with like 2 races that weekend at 2 different tracks but don't expect many weekends like that. He did say something about wanting to be on the news with highlights of the races. Payout will go to $3000 to win and $400 to start instead of the current $3600 to win and $75 to start in ROMCO. He said basically $2000 will be added to the purse. I think he has big plans guys.

Certainly as a truck driver I would like to race in front of ROMCO crowds everytime out...certainly it was flattering to hear that the trucks were seen as an attractive support series for ROMCO...race in race out the trucks offer lots of action and exciting racing as any touring series...a better payout remains to be seen, and for how long is that guaranteed?...Jon Garrett and his crew have been the ones making sure we had a place to race and making sure we had a national series to compete in...our region has produced 3 national championships in 5 years....Garrett & company run a very good series and do a good job managing our races and operations...we know he will be there even when the money is tight...that should count for something you would think...there are not enough trucks around here for 2 series...and lord knows we don't have the racing economy to add another series around here...hopefully this will get worked out in a positive way for everyone...there is no reason it shouldn't.

I just hope that he can follow through on his ideas. There's a disturbing trend in pavement Late Model racing, not just in Texas, but nationwide. It's following along the same steps as the dirt Late Models did several years ago, and we(dirt dogs) all know where that class has gone here in Texas.

Richard Day will be a great addition to ROMCO, his PR knowledge and abilities are second to none in the short track scene. I know Richard from his many years with WoO. Boundless made a huge mistake when they let him go!

I don't understand why you would want to try and add a new class of trucks as the support series. It would take a while to have a good field of trucks, and there is already ARTS. Why not just add TSRS as the support series. It has already shown that the combination of ROMCO and TSRS racing at the same track on the same night is what packs the stands.

The big problems with racing in Texas: 1) rules change like the weather 2) every series promoter/owner can do it better than the other 3) lack of communication.

If Mr. Dickerson wants a truck series to be the support series and for it to be successfull in the 1st season, he needs to contact Jon Garrett and introduce himself. Jon is a great guy and maybe, just maybe we can actually continue to get things accomplished in racing here in Texas without hurting the sport. The 2004 racing season was an exciting one and we as Texans are on the verge of actually making the sport popular outside our circle!

Combine, DO NOT DIVIDE!

Jr. B)

Team 57

i know what mr. dickerson is questioning- it's the fact that with 12 or 14 trucks, ARTS would put on better show than 25 slm....the underclass putting on a better show than the headliner- can't have that.... :D

Don't get me wrong, I like TSRS, ROMCO, TAMS, Dwarfs.... but ARTS has probably got to be one of my favorite traveling series to watch, if not my favorite all together. Y'all know how to race hard, but you also (appear to) know how to respect each other on the track. You bump and run, but you (appear to) know it's only racing at the end of the day. I would hate to see this series break up. CART/IRL rings a bell.

ARTS is a great show! Everyone runs hard, clean as possible, and you can see that up front and personal at an ARTS event. The unity of the drivers with each other and the ARTS officials is like nothing I've ever seen in a Texas series before. We'll be with ARTS for all of 2005

B)

If Mr. Dickerson wants a truck series to be the support series...he needs to contact Jon Garrett and introduce himself.

JKelly 57,

I have it on authority that the two men have talked a few times. Just FYI.

Archived