Is this really Longhorn...

KahneFan

Over the years Oh Wow Racing (BIll LaBarge) has involved students from the Texas A&M Sprots car club and Japanese Student Association. The TAMU Society of Automotive Engineers (with some of the same Japanese students that helped OH Wow Racing) also fielded a car with the TIDA (now Texas Pro Sedans). Looks like you found one of their web sites..

In those pictures on the Japanese website, the number 9 car is the former Audie Howell Dodge Charger driven that race by Yoshiki Mogi who was a student at A&M at the time. It was a 35-lap race TIDA Pro Sedan event at Longhorn on August 23, 1997. Mogi finished one lap down in 11th place.

The race winner was Charlie Fusselman of Austin driving the #70 VW Scirocco fielded by Austin V-Dub.

Other cars in the pictures include the #1 Datsun driven by Todd Farris who set fast time (16.802) but finished 16th after dropping out on lap 17. The #78 VW Sedan was driven by Mike Knotts who finished dead last in the 19 car field. The #21 VW Scirocco was driven by Irene Wilkey of Corpus Christi who finished a very respectable 5th. The #2 Chevette was driven by Greg Wood of SA who finished 12th in the former Paul Jett Chevette.

There are probably folks who can identify a few of the other cars.

Nick Holt

OK nascarbar I was talking to my mom about those last set of pics, Her and my Aunt used to run the pit office and my dad and uncle were the flagmen. She said those pics were from some freak show they did they stands were completly full the pits along with it! it was in 1998 in october and on the second website in the last post if you go to New Images 10/98 it shows what else they did. Apparently they didn't know too much about what was going to happen I do know they burned a cow there is a picture of that on the 10/98 images. My mom said it was pretty scary! I am not sure what the whole point of it was but that was at longhorn!

Archived