Do you really want to race?

xcellracing

Sign up here and donate and if there is enough money we can race. I personally dont need a purse just bragging rights is good enough!

1. Rusty Mirth #07(street stock).......................$100.00

2.your name here

P.S. here is my donation. the way i figure it no need for registration or pit fees lets just donate rent the track etc. and go race! maybe Brian will let us have the track at cost? maybe get ambulance clean up crew volunteers.

Rusty, we'd love to jump in on this, but here's the problem: By the time you or someone else gets something together, it's likely to be weeks from now. We've raced our car EVERY week since the beginning of the season. A season like that takes its toll on a car. We need time to rebuild for next season, and we started that process as soon as Nick posted the messsage yesterday about the Nov. 20th race.

I suspect others will be in the same boat, but maybe not. If you get something together, we'll be there in support.

cs

rusty- i'm just as eager, but they don't want to run,not the drivers but the track...under any format , any terms...let's just consider this season dead...

rusty- i'm just as eager, but they don't want to run,not the drivers but the track...under any format , any terms...let's just consider this season dead...

Shawn,

I'm convinced that Brian made an honest effort to try to get this race in. Just look at the number of times he rescheduled. And each of the THR officials who work with me wanted this race to take place too. In other words, everyone at THR wanted this race. It just didn't work out, that's all.

Nick Holt

Rusty, click the following link. The race can still happen, just not at THR.

http://texasspeedzone.com/forums/index.php...t=ST&f=2&t=5859

If that race happens to not work out, then maybe Brain will make the first race of next season the Enduro. Do it like NASCAR and start with a bang (Just not $15 to get in like this year :P )

Guest RobCarter88

Thats the problem. Noone wants to pay the track anything. Lets face it, there are not many fans out there in south texas. Everyone wants the tracks to charge less and pay more purse. I am sure they are tired of it, I dont blame them if they just shut the doors. Only CCMS will survive. I have never heard one of their fans or racers complaining about admission price or purse. $15 is too cheap in my book. I think they should charge more so they can stay open.

Thats the problem. Noone wants to pay the track anything. Lets face it, there are not many fans out there in south texas. Everyone wants the tracks to charge less and pay more purse. I am sure they are tired of it, I dont blame them if they just shut the doors. Only CCMS will survive. I have never heard one of their fans or racers complaining about admission price or purse. $15 is too cheap in my book. I think they should charge more so they can stay open.

i paid that track 15,000 $ last year to run... a good sum this year.....some weeks we work 25 to 35 hrs. to bring our support and financial crutch, and never once complained about an entry fee or purse....if we spent that much time and money (supporting a track)don't you think your comments are a little back handed?

i don't feel like making an effort to / if the the track is'nt...this is not a shot at the owners or the track,just the pure honest truth....everytime we load up a car we've done a whole hell of alot more than the majority of the critics with an opinion on why things are looking so bleek for local short track racing....

Guest RobCarter88

If you paid "Thunderhill Raceway" $15,000 to race there, that was real nice of you. I was addressing the guy who fired a "backhand shot" at $15 gate price for a big showdown. Face it, there are not enough "Paying" race fans here. Racers must carry the financial outlay if they want to race. Not a backhand shot, that is just the way it is. Track owners are not doing this for fun.

i understand what your saying...but inthe defense of the average race fan-if it ain't broke don't fix,but inthis case it is so maybe it's time to try something like lowering gate prices...i mean if your in a boat that's sinking,you don't wait for it to go under,you start bailing water....i think what buxton and others are trying to do shows the urgency of how the drivers foresee the outcome...the average week to week fan will come even if the gate prices were raised again...but you're not going to open youself up to new growth with out listening to what the interest of others are...the race fans don't have to come,and they're are proofing that in dramatic #'s on a week to week basis....i'm not ready for it to go under,so let's stop bitching about it and start bailing water...

Guest RobCarter88

The fans will pay to see the shows they want to see. The only time the tracks, other than CC speedway, had near capacity crowds was when there was a big show. The street stock type cars spend quit a bit of money and time on their cars, and even put on a good show, but the fans are not there for them. That is not a knock on the class, crews or drivers, that is just the market condition here. Lowering the ticket price did not do anything in SA. That did not work. They have tried. I'll bet when this Dickerson guy hits the track next year, he will have a show to put on, can get top dollar at the gate, and it will be the best crowds of the year at all tracks. Analyze it however you want, thats the way it is. Dont get too worn out bailing water, you need to get your truck ready. Dickerson will have the trucks running with the SLM series. That will be as show.

Archived