THR cancels due to wet grounds

NickHolt

I just got off the phone with Brian Callaway. The races scheduled for this Saturday, 11/20/04, have been cancelled due to the infield being under water. There are no plans to reschedule since it's so late in the year.

Nick Holt

you know nick and bryan and all involved at thr thankyou for trying to get this race in.....BUT this really sucks for all your guys and gals who had already spent money to run this race....some of us had to build cars for the enduro... I would like to know how much, when and if.. some one like myself could rent the track to put on the enduro some time this winter... this maybe a stupid idea but if all the racers who where goin to spend at least $100 to walk through the gate all put half that into the track rental and the other half into a purse we could all still get to run even if no one sits in the stands..i dont care if its a little cold

you know nick and bryan and all involved at thr thankyou for trying to get this race in.....BUT this really sucks for all your guys and gals who had already spent money to run this race....some of us had to build cars for the enduro... I would like to know how much, when and if.. some one like myself could rent the track to put on the enduro some time this winter... this maybe a stupid idea but if all the racers who where goin to spend at least $100 to walk through the gate all put half that into the track rental and the other half into a purse we could all still get to run even if no one sits in the stands..i dont care if its a little cold

That's an awsome idea!

If officials don't come with the "rental", I'll officiate for free. I ain't skeered of a little cool air.

if we cant get a "track" some friends and i where gonna run a little news years enduro in a cow paster what cars where left after the enuro we where gonna have a demo derby....this is actully for real we plan on throwing 50 bucks a piece in a pot and race for it winner take all

i'd forget about longhorn-it would take months to get it raceable-it looks like a hazard-as for the cars you built for the enduro-nobody made you build a car-it was your choice-now your ahead of the game for next year-get ready for the holidays-enjoy them-next season will be here before you know it-Happy Thanksgiving Everybody-

I think a track rental for an enduro is a great idea. But before anyone gets too far into this, remember that there are some things that need to be taken care of:

1) Event Medical Insurance and Liability Insurance

2) Security

3) Ambulance and EMT

4) Fire

5) Track clean up including oil dry

4) Scoring

6) Pit gate staff

7) Race officials (I'm available and I'm sure some of my staff would be available too.)

8) Infield electricity

9) And if you're really brave -- concessions anyone? LOL

Unfortunately, most of these items cost money, but I'm pretty sure Brian would be willing to include some of the above in a track rental deal so no one would have to come up with all of the stuff on their own.

Nick Holt

ok, now we can ask, when is the rules meeting ??

I'm hopeful that Brian will have an announcement about a rules meeting and the banquet sometime soon.

I know, I know.. but hey, I can't tell you if I don't know myself, right?

Nick Holt

1) Event Medical Insurance and Liability Insurance

2) Security

3) Ambulance and EMT

4) Fire

5) Track clean up including oil dry

>> I would think those might be able to be included into the price being that they (Brian) would already have the proper contacts and would probably know a good estimate on $$

>> I don't know who owns the trucks for #5 is why I include that in there as well.

4) Scoring

6) Pit gate staff

7) Race officials (I'm available and I'm sure some of my staff would be available too.)

>> Maybe we could find volenteers for these positions. Heck, me and Nick have already offered.

8) Infield electricity

>> If it were ONLY an Enduro, run it from 4:00 - dusk. No lights = much lower bill. If it's still including the other two classes. RUN THE OTHER TWO FIRST, at 1:30 - 2:30, 2:30 - 3:30, intermission, Enduro from 4:00 - dusk

9) And if you're really brave -- concessions anyone? LOL

>> After managing restaurants for 8 years I'll bet I could find someone. If not, I'm sure people won't have a problem bringing their own.

>> Do you think it would actually be possible to get a quote from Brian as to Track plus #1 - #5 rental?

>> It may be waay out of our league... but it might not.

Eric

Little guy with a big dream :D

Most of the people out there already bring their own food I know Chris Birminghams (i think) wife is always on here asking about what the guys would want. But I mean whats a few hours at the track bring some lunch meat, bread and something to drink there ya go thats lunch. BBQ I am sure someone has a BBQ pit big enough just bring the meat someone will know how to BBQ I am pretty sure lol but I think it is a good idea to do just find out first how many people will be on it! Do it during the day and it shouldn't be that bad! I know quite a few people that could work the pit gates but as long as they can watch the race :-) if you need help with anything let me know

Tiff-

PS I know the money thing is a big issue apparently! lol From what I am gathering you have around 100$ to get a grandstock in the pits inculding register, and pit pass. (just a guess) then if you have the streets and hobbys you'll have what a total of about 55 cars or SO! Find out the cost of the track, insurance, and security. The officals part I am sure there are wifes there that will help out with the pit office and front gate as long as they see their race :-) but then the infield officials I am sure most will volunteer. But you do need to find out how many cars would show up and who would help for free! The purse might not be as much as everyone was hoping for but you would still be racing! Some do it for love others for money but which one comes first? just my .02cents don't yell at me :)

Anyone who sits down and actually figures up what it would cost to rent the track and put on the show that Brian just cancelled will give up the idea pretty darn quick unless they are willing to take a financial loss. It's pretty obvious that the money it would take to put on such an event would far surpass any revenue the event would generate unless the entry fees were dramatically increased, the purses greatly reduced and the pit passes increased.

That being said, I'm still willing to donate my time to serve as a race official should someone decide to give it a try.

Nick Holt

I have never rented a track so I wouldn't know! I grew up watching how to run a track and I know what it takes. It is a very hard thing to do, and I understand that but if someone wants to race for the love of it heck its the last one why not?

Sounds like you're on the right track, racechick. Give it a try!

Nick Holt

i37 will help out!we are having a big race the 27th of nov.if you guys and gals want to do it on sun the 28th,lets do it.same rules.but i need to know if you really want to do this,i can get the staff ready along with ambulane and support units.call frank at 210/3676261 or 5325421....cars will work on the dirt sa asphalt,we were taking 6 cars and we change nothing on these cars.they work in c.c. and sas.so it is easy to do ....no more complaining now,you have a track........

Archived