ASA Repossessed!?

rebelracewriter

Just as we were preparing to wrap up this issue and go to print - less than an hour after hearing Reed Sprenson's first victory come at Lowes Motor Speedway - we recieved a phone call from a competitor declaring that ASA's assets were confiscated by law enforcement following the event

"I had to show my registration before driving out of the track," he said. "I had to prove that my trailer belonged to me and not ASA."

Competitors had not been paid for Kentucky and published reports indicated that the track had to guarantee the purse for the Aaron's 99 event at Lowes to avoid a planned driver boycott.

Details of the action at Lowes, unfortunately, won't be forthcoming in time to include them here.

Early reports indicate that the track paid in advance for the race, and felt inclined to take collateral since it had to guarentee the purse - which had already been paid to ASA. No further information was available at press time.

This was taken directly from this issue of Late Model Racer Magazine, that I recieved today.

The only current news about ASA is that the rights to their Late-model series (not the bigger National Tour) was sold back to the originators for next year.

Rebel--You may remember that the TSZ had a Department of Redundancy Department.

yep old news-wonder if the drivers ever got paid for the past races they didnt get paid for?-rumor was the owner of asa said if sponsor couldnt be found for next year there may not be an ASA-that would be bad-be nice if some guys like Rusty Wallace / Mark Martin/ TexasTerry and any other retiring driver on their way out of nascar- could take some of those millions they got now and buy ASA and run it-give em something to do-just dreaming-lol

Archived