Casey Smith announcement

thrss1

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

This is so very exciting, Casey is a wonderful young man and he and his family so deserve this, I knew it would happen and I will always be proud to say "I knew him when!" I am proud to say the first race Casey's D, Glen, ever attended was with my Dad, the late Jake Wallace at Austin Speed-O-Rama. Glen and I grew up across the street from one another. He and his brother Reagan, were and will always be like my brothers. Casey, H & I are so very proud of you and your family! God Bless & the very best to you in your dedication to your Racing Career, you did it! ;)

Sincerely,

Mary Ann

I heard he hadn't signed a deal yet but he signed a deal with a company responsible for finding sponsors/rides for Kasey Kahne and Jeff Gordon and a few sponsors and teams are interested. Didn't want to burst any bubbles but I think Casey will find a ride in a top 3 NASCAR series before long. :)

tooltime like i said i didn't have any wrong information i was listening to the radio program with casey himself and chuck, but like i said i caught the end of it and casey was talking about i busch ride and talking how he was looking forward to competing against reed sorenson for rookie of the year next year since they were asa rivals this year thats what i heard and thats all I know. Then again Chuck who hosts the show, rebelracewriter was listening to the whole show, and even casey himself are frequent visitors on here so they might be able to clear up some of these issues.

Krusty,

I wouldn't call myself a "frequent" visitor here any more...too much negativity...visit here once a week...

But, it's great that folks are talking about Casey Smith...and, here's what we talked about and know. Casey signed on with Performance PR, the same firm that has some guy named Jeff Gordon and some other guy named Kasey Kahne among its many clients. Performance hooks up drivers like Casey with 2 things: (1) a good ride in a series, be it Busch, Trucks or Cup and (2) sponsors. They're the ones that hooked up Jeff with DuPont (talk about a life-altering change!)

As of last word, Performance had 3 GOOD teams interested in Casey...all three had potential Busch rides available.

Casey and his family are finally realizing the fruits of their efforts. They deserve it, too--they've spent a lot of their own money--and time--helping Casey to get where he is. This turn of good fortune is WELL DESERVED for both Casey and his parents.

I can't wait to interview Casey on the MZone Show before his first-ever Busch start and - eventually - his first-ever Cup start (and Cup title?) :D

Archived