State of short track racing

rebelracewriter

Well two statements.....

TTOPA.. and Services Upgrade....

First is self explainitory.. 2nd.... Well you think HP or Dell or IBM make any $$ on the actual computer.. here to tell you i know for a fact its very very little... You make money on the Services and other things that people offer to sell you ontop...

Maybe a new marketing plan for Short track racing will keep it alive?!

That new plan is at hand!! Look at what is happening on the dirt tracks. Limited Modifieds are the fastest growing class in the country!! Why because they are AFFORDABLE and look like a race car. Look what IMCA has done, copied the Limited Modified and called it a SPORT MOD. Why, to atract new blood into racing and to start replacing the IMCA Modified while there is still time. Lets face it . when you spend $15,000 to $25,000 on a motor to win $500.00 something is WRONG!! But that is what is happening now. More & more racers are parking their race cars in the grage and not racing because they just can not afford to race anymore. It's time that we all stop and look at where racing is going and start trying to bring it back to where it belongs.

Johnny Smith

Racing That's Affordable

I think I will throw my 2 cents in. TTOPA may be our solution for asphalt racing in Texas, but for it to work there does need to be 1 common set of rules for the classes at the three tracks. People sometimes laugh at us down here at CCMS because we don't run Hoosiers. The street tires definetely don't make the cars handle better, but I finished 3rd in points this season and would bet my season tire bill is less than the 3rd place finishers at THR ans SAS.

CCMS had a point and time 5 or 6 years ago that it looked like it may close. The classes were scaled back and grandstand prices remained the same. This has brought the track back to life.

We do also have new ownership and management, but they saw that what was happening in regards to the rules was working and they have stuck with it.

It can be done, it just takes everyone working together.

thats so true...............if they would make the late models the touring class and make the sportsman the premier class and make them affordable to race and came up with common rules for the tracks then that would be a way to go.......plus make it affordable for a family to go without having to mortgage the house...........last time i went to i-37 speedway they had a pretty good turnout..........they were reasonable ticket wise and let you take a cooler in and the stands were crowded..........plus they put on a good show so you feel you get your money worth.............what happened to the standard nachos, hot dogs and hamburgers at the track, i don't go to the racetrack to eat jalapeno chicken...........the cost of that food is ridiculous........bring back the hamburgers, hotdogs and nachos at the track and get rid of this restaurant crap.......we go to see a good show not for the fancy dining................jmo

Archived