Veterans Day

NickHolt

Today is Veterans Day. If you know a Veteran, thank him or her today. And while you're at it, say a prayer for the souls of the many young American men and women who gave their lives fighting for the stars and stripes.

War is not a pretty thing. It is downright ugly and most of us Americans prefer not to think of the sacrifice that Veterans and their families have made to keep you and I free. Just one trip to the VA hospital will shock you into realizing just how much some gave so that you and I can do our thing.

God Bless America and Gentlemen, start your engines.

Nick Holt

Thanks and Amen. I just returned from a Veterans Day program at my kid's elementary school...one of the lunch ladies young nephews was the guest of honor...he was killed in Iraq...I kind of went off on a couple of posts the day I found out a couple of months ago...it seems almost like this is not a real war sometimes...I can tell you it was very real this morning...

No matter if you think we should even be over there or not, we have a lot of people that are there a long lonely way from home. Some will never make it back. I bet they would love to be back here with us and our "problems".

If you want to make someone's day, send a care package or a letter. This is one of many sites that can help:

Operation Gratitude

I have many here at work that have complained that they have to work on Veterans Day... Well I am a vet and you won't here me complain...

If you sign up in the service you are working 7 days a week 24 hours a day.. and at a moments notice will go anywhere.. *(On or off duty) Regardless of what the situation is.

I have completed my service however have many that are still in.. My good friend PK call me last night to ask me if I would be God Father to his new born Son.. why.. Because he was called up from Reserves for Iraq... (5 days notice to leave)

God Bless him and every other that is effected by the service to their country!!

that has got to be rough..............i just don't see why they do not make veterans day a national holiday like they did with labor day or memorial day...............i was pretty disappointed when my boss had to come to work today being that he is a veteran of vietnam............there would be no companies to work for if it wasn't for our veterans so i think they should at least get a day off for all they have done for us..............i think they deserve that...........

Today as everyday is a time when we should stop and give special thanks to all the Veterans. I personally would like to take this day to recognize and thank the Veterans at the VFW Posts 8787 in Austin, Texas. They provided a place for me and many others including (Eddie Wallace, Josh Freeman, Bradly Reithmier, Zac Zearfoss, Kenny Stone, Eric Covington, Daryn Pittman, Shane Stewart) the Quarter Midget facility that jump started our racing careers. They were huge supporters of our sport and I am forever grateful for their generosity and encouragement.

Bless each and everyone of the Veterans and God Bless the USA!

Casey Smith

Every day I thank those who faught for us to play racers. I think most of the racers in this county do as well. You can see and hear that when the planes fly over the nascar race tracks. I proudly fly a 4 x 6 flag in my front yard, and display 3 flags on days like today. God Bless America and the men and women who made it what it is today.

i just want to say that it was a pleasure to serve this great country. (USMC 92-98). that was the proudest time of my life. never should have got out. oh well. god bless our troups and their families. and may they all be reunited soon.

dale

Archived