Kyle Carter press release

Southern Thunder Storms at Corpus Christi Motor Speedway

The rain chances for the weekend of the Texas Stock Car Championships were forecasted down to nearly zero. Kyle Carter of Sinton, Texas and his # 99 Chevrolet Camaro was making another prediction for the state of Texas' biggest street stock class shootout. Kyle and the team were predicting a 100% chance of Southern Thunder and a lightning fast car at Corpus Christi Motor Speedway (CCMS) in Corpus Christi, Texas.

The Southern Thunder Racing Team's forecast did not disappoint the hometown racing fans. Kyle started on the outside front row of the 75 lap main event. The flamed #99 moved to the lead of the pack as the leader had mechanical problems and dropped from the competition. Kyle was able to hold off some of the most talented racers in the state to claim what he considered to be the biggest win of his career. Kyle, who had been nicknamed the Parader by his fellow competitors early in his career for his great looking equipment, was able to live up to his namesake at the end of the night. He was parading around the track with the checkered flag and the winner's trophy on October 30, 2004.

Kyle would like to give special thank to the following people for helping him with one of his most important victories. My wife, Paula, and my daughters, Ashley, Raegan and Kylee, for all of their love and support. I can't thank my sponsors enough, Law Office of James P. (Buddy) Bell, Jr, Little Big Horn Relics & Antiques, Gulf Coast Graphics, Evin¡'s Glass Service and White's Trucking Services. With the support of my family and crew we could not have accomplished this win and need to give them special thanks:

My parents, Clayton and Jeanie Carter, Clayton Carter, Jr., Steven Doty, Trey White, Terry Gibson, Brian Butler, Ross Boswell, Brent Burris and Carl Reusser.

The race was an end to an up and down season for Carter and the Southern Thunder Racing Team. All though the year included 6 top 5 finishes in 7 starts at CCMS, the season also included 3 blown motors until Larry Smith helped bring Kyle together with Mission Racing of San Antonio, Texas.

Kyle plans for 2005 include competing at CC Motor Speedway and trying to have fun while racing again. All interested parties in sponsoring Kyle Carter and the Southern Thunder Racing Team can contact Parader99@aol.com.

Archived