Suspension Seminar

zoom

How many would attend a suspension seminar that is given by Nick Holt with maybe a special speaker thrown in?

If we can get the interest and talk real nice, say our prayers, eat our spinach and be good little boys and girls maybe we could talk Nick into giving this class again this year.

I took it last year and learned tons of stuff.

So, who is up for it?

Last year we had Todd Farris and his crew chief come all the way from college station. They were there every week. So even if its on the west side, 8 or 10 miles more to drive and not making it, that is just an excuse not to go.

You either dedicate yourself to a thing and commit or you don't. Plain and simple

So far that is about 7 that state that they would like to attend. I know of one, maybe two others that want to attend who don't post on here. I believe that nick likes his classes no larger than about 12 to 15.

I will now turn this over to nick and lets see what happens.

I think that the class length is 1 night a week for 6 weeks or so.

Not sure about the cost cause nick has to cover expenses.

Well worth the expense.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes.

Need minimum of 10 for sure, drop dead if I don't make it, hell don't freeze over and the creek don't rise, unless I win the lottery, attendees. Nick is confirming the location. He said this will have to happen very soon since it is late already. He wants it on Tuesday evenings. Contact nick now and reserve your spot. We already have over 12 that said they want to attend. So, don't threaten to go, sh** or get off the pot. Contact Nick TODAY!!!!!

Let me say, I am very glad I took this class. Learned tons, and he does an excellent job of showing you how to apply all that suspension theory. Made all the difference in the world this year in getting the old car to go thru a turn.

Don't let this opportunity pass you by. Don't let the money put you off. It is such a great investment, it will save that much in springs, shocks and other components you would probably buy stabbing around in the dark trying to get your car to handle. I have raced 2 years and have only bought 2 springs. I think my car does a fair job getting thru the corners.

Thanks

Mark

I attended last year as Todd Farris (#96) Crew Guy. I drove in from Houston while Todd drove in from College Station. This class is worth every penny, if you use what you learn and do the homework in the off season. The seminar will definately pay for itself over and over. After the first couple of classes, you can't wait to head back to learn more. We had a brand new car this year and although we only hit the track a few times this year (can't wait till '05!) we took a totally 'blank' chassis and got very resonable results out of it in the few tries we had. The best thing was the car was doing what we expected it to the whole time. Secretly I want Nick to never do the seminar again, but the more everyone learns the better the competition will be. I truely want to drive back in to the class this winter, but I won't be able to this year... It is well worth the money. I'm looking forward to helping the #96 next year as well as anyone in Houston that needs the help.

I will be posting an announcement about the Suspension Seminar in the Press Release section sometime later this evening.

The six classes will be held every Tuesday evening from November 23 thru December 28 from 7 - 10 p.m. at Ancira Winton Chevrolet, 6111 Bandera Road in San Antonio.

The cost is $300 per person.

I know this sounds like a lot, and it is. But I have learned over the years that people pay attention and value the information if it costs money but tend to blow off the information if it seems like a freebie. I'm not trying to exclude anyone, though, so if you have a real financial hardship I am more than willing to talk to you about alternative payment plans.

The information you get at the seminar will give you an understanding of suspension theory that you just can't get anywhere else all at once. Oh, you can get some of what I teach from various places, but try to get anyone to sit down with you and explain the whole picture from weight transfer to geometry to roll couple distribution using words that you can actually understand. Not only that, but we also talk about the latest trends in suspension theory including the so-called soft spring setups.

If you are interested in attending, email me at cnholt@sbcglobal.net or nick@texasspeedzome.com

Here are the names of a few people who have attended the seminars and given course evaluations at the end of the course. I'm sure if you talk to any of them you will discover that the information they obtained helped their racing program.

Joe Aramendia

Carolyn Hull Aramendia

Mike Balzer

Hubert Bean

Eddie Bierschwale

Jim Creech

Timmy Croft

Jerry Dodson

Todd Ferris

Jamie Fuller

Jamie Garner

Joey Heinaman

Anthony Jetter

Frank Johnson

Tony Johnson

Mel Krauss

Doug Lege

Jeff Minor

Joe Napoleon

Kenny Neal

Jason Oates

Mark Opiela

Frank Opiela

Joe Osborne

Keith Patrick

Mark Rahn

Jason Ray

Teddy Schild

Chris Schild

Steve Smith

Jerry Wren

ANd lots more folks who you probably would recognize.

Nick Holt

OK.

All you folks who said you want to go.

DO IT.

Get aholt ;) of Nick and get signed up. And please be sure to attend all the classes.

Put your money where your mouth is I bet you won't regret it.

Ummm.

Say Nick.

Can I audit this class as a refresher, gratis.

I just figure that I got this going for you and that you wouldn't mind a little mouse in the back of the room :D

I can provide my own notes and keep your chalk sharpened for you. Need something to drink? coffee? Water?

Hell, I can even have your back if a fight breaks out! :blink:

Ummm.

Say Nick.

Can I audit this class as a refresher, gratis.

I just figure that I got this going for you and that you wouldn't mind a little mouse in the back of the room :D

I can provide my own notes and keep your chalk sharpened for you. Need something to drink? coffee? Water?

Hell, I can even have your back if a fight breaks out! :blink:

Zoom,

Resorting to shameless begging and pandering, eh? LOL

I'll make you the same deal I make everyone else The third year you attend it's absolutely free. And I've had a lot of third-time students. As you know, you get a lot out of the course the first time through, but most people find they comprehend a whole lot more after going through the course a few times.

Nobody has ever said that suspension engineering concepts are easy. They aren't. But I work real hard at taking all the engineering terms out and replacing them with concepts that most of us can grasp. And the class notes I hand out help a lot I'm told.

Anyway, Zoom, if you really are in financial difficulty right now, email me and I'll see what we can work out.

Nick Holt

Archived