Late Models shoot themselves in foot

rebelracewriter

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The_Greek

i wouldnt say it was dumb either, to use a baseball term... it couldve been a homerun, instead it came out a double, the races themselves were good enough to possibly try again next year. besides i doubt the LM's will have anyone offer a 4,000 to win race next year. perhaps a big race similiar to this to start the season, and maybe a season ending one. Owen again it was a succesfull year overall alot of positives can be taken from this year as a whole.

No it wasn't dumb. I say give the LM's another chance. Announce the big race VERY early and make sure no touring series or track will be of conflict with the race. That LM race was one of the best I have ever seen AFTER the invert. A big mod race would be cool but I dont know if there are enough TRUE asphalt mods to make it successful. You would need to give bigger concessions to dirt lm's to get them compettive again. Maybe bring down other touring series. I know I would love to see ARTS down here. What about something like USAC?

Jason, we had 18-22 cars for each of the 4 TAMS events at CCMS this year. Make it $3000 to win and more would show. Especially since Owen always does a good job of paying down through the ranks.

So this is my suggestion for the Spring-Shootout

LM 100 laps $3000 to win (20 cars min.)

TAMS 100 laps $3000 to win (20 cars min.)

SS 75 laps $2000 to win

Bombers 50 laps $1000 to win

LM and TAMS yellows count the first 50 laps and a stop to invert at halfway.

SS and Bombers run just like they did for the Championship race.

Races like this in the middle of the season don't work because people are in the

points battle all the time.

That would be a hell of a start to a season.

Guest The_Greek
Jason, we had 18-22 cars for each of the 4 TAMS events at CCMS this year. Make it $3000 to win and more would show. Especially since Owen always does a good job of paying down through the ranks.

So this is my suggestion for the Spring-Shootout

LM 100 laps $3000 to win (20 cars min.)

TAMS 100 laps $3000 to win (20 cars min.)

SS 75 laps $2000 to win

Bombers 50 laps $1000 to win

LM and TAMS yellows count the first 50 laps and a stop to invert at halfway.

SS and Bombers run just like they did for the Championship race.

Races like this in the middle of the season don't work because people are in the

points battle all the time.

That would be a hell of a start to a season.

after what happened last weekend with the LM's, i would say leave the LM's out of it, unless there is a way to allow Romco cars also, if not...Mods, SS, Bombers, and Thunders is more than enough, with the invert of course. just my 2 cents

The Streetstock, Bombers, sportsman kars are the life and blood of the weekly tracks. However, the Late Models are the ones who bring the fans in the seats. See how many fans go watch the big street stock race at TH. Until there are more LM, the fans will not be there. It does not matter what type of LM, just something they kan relate to as being "NASCAR" type kars. Everyone be good and maybe Santa will bring you a Late Model.

Archived