Late Models shoot themselves in foot

rebelracewriter

Appearantly none of the Late Models in this state like to run for good money, despite how much they whine about it.

Yep that's right the Late Models showed their support, by not showing up for a $4000 to win race! 15 cars is a pathetic showing of support. You can't use SAS as a reason, so what is it this time? Hang nail, turf toe?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure that the CC race pays more than TMS. Oh well I just hope that a whole lot more will show up today. Does the purse get cut on 15 cars? I still hope the show is good, at least the street show is going to be good.

Yeah when we got to CC today we went by the track. I'm sure they cleaned up a little bit. there were still beer cans all over te place. I'm glad I got a hotel kinda close to the track. I'm loving it. Sounds like a good party last night and should be a great arty tonight. Can't wait!!!

:angry: We bolted during the bomber race. 15 cars if REAL pathetic. What I don't get is all these people making excuses that they can't come because of the TMS race. Whoooptee freakin dooo its TMS. Who's going to be there? ARTS & TSRS. This isn't an IRL or CUP weekend. The stands aren't even going to be open! I bet theres a small article in the Dallas newspaper but thats IT. I just can't believe that you guys aren't going to be out here supporting a race that was geared towards getting you guys. Pretty sad. There is 4000 on the line and all these drivers using TMS as an excuse to race for possibly 1000 if they even have a purse at TMS. I am pretty pissed off about the count and you guys can dream on if they ever do anything like this again for the LM's. 3000 to win SA and 12 show. 1000 to win SA TSRS and 30 show. 4000 to win CC and 15 show. I say pay the streets and bomber guys good next year for their races. These guys support their tracks. :angry:

Jason

I vote we make it 4000.00 to win for the Street Stock and send the Late Models home. Seems like the SS took that day off and made the trip. Never understood why we need to pay big bucks to a group that you can only break even on. The street stock, bombers seem to understand what it is all about.

We spend a ton on TV, Radio to push that biggest badest SOB in all the land are coming and they show up with less cars than the local go Kart club has. Go figure !!!

Cut them off for a couple of years and see what they think then. I don't care what they think, I don't care who they are. I also don't care with what lame excuses people want to make for them. It is slow death pissing on the tracks and fans. I am sure the powers that be are not happy about getting the screws put to them.

We don't run them on a weekly show. Thank GOD I will take a 30 cars that are 15% slower than 10 cars that are 30% faster.

Who is the better racer? Nice to be the best look pig but not when no one else shows up.

SS racer XYZ out battles 30 other drivers to win.

LM racer XYZ out battles 10 other driver to win.

I am with Jason

Then again I could be wrong but hell has not frozen over yet.

Sorry I let everyone down I would love to be there ,and had planed on racing there this weekend, but after breaking my quick change rear end in San Antonio and not haveing even used tires to practice on,since we run on 10" tires and wheels at SAS, the cost is to much for my team. I have no sponsors and fund my racing out of my back pocket the cost of 6 tires, fuel for race car and tow truck,hotel,entry fee, and food for the crew is just more than I have right now. I wanted to race this race but after puting a pencil to it i just cant afford it .I had to make some financial choices and it was either spend a couple of thousand to go race a track I haven run on in 15 yrs and hope i can get enough to cover my costs or pay my bills.There is only one choice for me. I realy shouldent have to explane myself but I am because iI know how disapointed you guys are.Sorry Owen I hope you guys wont give up on us .

PS: I know of at least one other team that had planed on running at Corpus Christi Speedway this weekend but coud not come up with the money for tires .

All I can say to you guys that are casting stones it easy to look at one race and say the everyone should show up, try to come up with the bucks to fund this type of racing and see how many races you show up for.I am as concerned about racing in South Texas as anyone I have spent the money time and effort to put a car on the track and spent the bucks week to week to run the races. But at this point I am tapped out.If the money is not there it's just not there no mater what the purse is.You guys see it in the Nextel cup and Busch series teams they race untill there is nothing left then they just quit showing up at the races.Again I apologize for not being able to race at CC speedway to the promoter, his sponsors, and to the fans.

You ask why?

entry fee: $100.00

pit passes: 5x$25.00ea x 2 days $250.00

Hotel: 3 Rooms @ $59.00 x 2 Days $354.00

Tires: 6x $95.00ea $570.00

Race Fuel 20 Gal@ $4.50gal $ 90.00

tow truck fuel 50 gal @ $1.91 gal $ 95.50

Oil & Filter mobile 1 @4.50qt X9 & filter $ 43.50

food for crew $7.50 per meal X 5 meals X 5 people $187.50

TOTAL ($1690.50)

SECOND PLACE PRIZE MONEY $2000.00

NET GAIN $ 309.50

You Ask Why?

[

All I can say about this race is we would of like to of run it. But we could not fit in to the budget. It is hard to make a race when you only get four to six weeks notice at the end of a season that has all ready went over budget. I think if the track has the same race next year that thier will be more cars show up. That way more teams can plan for it.

Jimmy Cobb Owner of TSRS #43

PS we are not going to make TMS because we can not come up with the money for it. We would of Loved to make Both of the races.

All I can say is what a great problem to have, justifying not being able to attend a big money race. I can remember not long ago when no one but me cared about where the hell my car was. Finances, post season, is definitely a big part of the deal. Racing is not a for profit venture and it does cost 1500.00 to 2000.00 to bring one of these cars and crew down there for a 2 day event, not to mention asking guys to take yet another day off work at the end of a long season. For many teams that just isn’t a happening deal. I haven’t seen anyone using TMS as an excuse though and will be surprised if 15 cars show up for that race. I’d intended to make CCMS and hopefully TMS if the car survived but an unanticipated funeral got in the way. Looks like TMS will be it for us this year but we didn’t miss CCMS because of it. Mac Daddy Yale just got out of the hospital after an extended stay and has a car with the right side torn off after SAS. He might get it back together in time for TMS but if he does there is no hidden agenda. My point is this, there are a lot of reasons cars didn’t make the race and not all of them are lame. No one ever mentions a car that misses a race mid-season but put the spotlight on a post-season big purse race and everyone that can’t afford it or misses due to unavoidable circumstances sucks? Announce another similar race for this coming March and you’ll have 40 cars. As I mentioned to Owen, our team really appreciates everything CCMS has done this year for TSRS and late model racing in general. We thoroughly enjoy racing in Corpus and deeply regret having to miss this race. I look forward to seeing you guys in `05. jp

Jason it is easy for you too come on here and complain about the drivers not showing up but you are not a driver you do not understand the cost of racing it seems like. Why arent you racing Jason? Is it because you cant afford it or do you just like being a spectator?

Guest Mary Ann Naumann

Guys, this race was scheduled way after the season had been planned by many, heck H & I have had this week long event scheduled since June or we would have been there showing our support as Owen knows we have done, by talking about it to all of our drivers at the last 4 TSRS drivers meetings. 15 cars is not a bad count for CC, we have had as TSRS about the same amount each time. You cannot meet a nicer group to race for, I am sure it was an outstanding race! We are praying Bobby Joe is OK from his accident.

Guest The_Greek

let me update this car count for those of you that werent here, 3 of the 15 cars were dragged out of the weeds...#44 Joey Heinaman pulled out his old LM that he hasnt raced in 9 years, #88 Stevie Whitaker borrowed a car from Tommy Wynd..that hasnt raced all year, and frankly didnt even know it existed, and Doc Godfrey (track owner) ran a car that hasnt raced this year either, in tonights race only 12 cars started the race, im not sure what happened to the other 3, and no new cars showed up today.

i agree its sad that the car count wasnt alot better (latemodels), i really expected a big turnout for this particular race, but for whatever the reasons it didnt happen. i will say this.... i am proud of ole CC Speedway stepping up to the plate and putting up a bigger purse than anyone else this year, and hopefully this wont be the last time they do, and lastly although only 12 started the race that had to been one of the wildest LM races i have seen in along time, that invert at halfway should be incorporated more often in these big paying races.

ps. hats off to the superstreets, and bombers for a good turnout in their classes.

THIS IS JASON:

12 cars started the feature and those cars put on a (*#%(*$&Y()#%*#%) show! The real drivers came out and raced for money and glory. What a show! Invert was badass and these guys came to race! Last REAL race of the season and you know, we don't need any freakin TSRS races with lame rules and 3 hour timed races. We have big money LM races that put on a show and the racers race their asses off for the big check at the end of the night. The guys who were at the races tonight saw some awesome stuff. Craziest and BEST race I have ever seen. Thanks to Alexanders, Englehardt, Ervin, Aramendia, Gurals, Horelka, that hogg trapper, and old man Bendele for putting on a show for the fans tonight! You guys deserve double the purse. Job well done Owen and congrats to Lemon Lime on the win and taking the car home in one piece!!!

Colt if it was about money people would of shown up to the first SAS race the LM's had at SAS and not that TSRS crashfest. Its not so rosy. Lets see how many more writeups in the newspapers and tv time that TSRS drivers get because of the race at TMS over the race down here in CCMS. No fans at TMS and 1k is not worth skipping 4k and cheering fans.

Back out to CCMS I go.

Jason

DVeit:

Now that Jason gave me back my keyboard I just would like to say... werd...

Guest The_Greek
You ask why?

entry fee:                                                                     $100.00

pit passes: 5x$25.00ea x 2 days                                 $250.00

Hotel:         3 Rooms @ $59.00 x 2 Days                      $354.00

Tires:          6x $95.00ea                                              $570.00

Race Fuel    20 Gal@ $4.50gal                                      $ 90.00

tow truck fuel 50 gal @ $1.91 gal                                 $ 95.50

Oil & Filter mobile 1 @4.50qt X9 & filter                        $ 43.50

food for crew $7.50 per meal X 5 meals X 5 people $187.50

TOTAL                                                                ($1690.50)

SECOND PLACE PRIZE MONEY                                  $2000.00

NET GAIN                                                                       $ 309.50

You Ask Why?

[

if its about money, we can all understand, but i cant see why the crew cant help out with their own expenses, meals and rooms etc etc, and btw wouldnt that apply for a regular weekend of racing in TSRS when the winner gets a 1,000 to win?

NET GAIN: -690.50?

Archived