THR SS / Hobby / Enduro race moved to Nov 13

NickHolt

Brian and Jim have decided to move the twice-postponed A-line Auto Parts Nite at Thunderhill Raceway for Street Stocks, Hobby Stocks and Enduros from November 6th to November 13th. Brian explained that the the weather played havoc with the October 23rd H.O.T. (Waco) enduro so H.O.T. rescheduled to November 6th. Not wanting to compete with another track for the same cars, THR decided to move its date one more time!

Brian will probably kill me for saying anything about this, but one of the reasons he has been so hard to reach lately is that both his parents are not doing well (mom with a recurrance of cancer and dad with heart problems) and he has been spending a lot of time with them instead of at the office.

Hope to see everyone on November 13th at THR!

Nick Holt

Sorry to hear about Brian's family...hope they get well soon...too many health problems for everyone this year...this has sounded more like a medical board...hope we got them all out of the way this year...

Very happy about the date change...I wanted to see those races...

Best wishes for Brian and his family, I hope everything works out.

I'm sure it is hard for some drivers to plan around the changing dates but I am glad that the spirit is in trying to accomodate the drivers that might want to compete rather than forcing them to make a choice.

Supertex, It's an ENDURO.. The only legal changes they can make to transition from dirt to asphalt occur between the steering wheel and the seat back. B)

That doesn't mean they will, just that they can. There should be no competetive disadvantage, at least not due to equipment.

Sorry to here about Brians family. This is just a question do you think that dirt guys are going to bring there cars to an asphalt track?

I sure hope they do considering everything the track is doing to make the race available to them. The real question is...do they even know about it?

Alright all you SAS and CC street stock guys. Now that there is a cushion between the CC race and the THR race, there should be no excuses, right?

Everyone make the trip to THR and let's have some fun! Wouldn't it be cool for there to be enough cars for a last chance race or something like that. I'd hate to see someone have to load up and go home, but think of the car count we could have.

cs

Now its time for the BIGGGG QUESTION!

What is the raindate for this new date? :P

At the rate we're going, maybe we should rename the race the Santa Claus 200.. LOL

Nick Holt

If nothing else, the Turkey Trot 200 :D (see if ButterBall would sponsor :lol: )

I've changed my schedule around to many times for this race. Plus I still don't know the complete payout. Oh well maybe next year.

From what I see, THR has gone way out of there way to cooperate with nature and with the other tracks. You can't please all the people all the time, but it seems to me that you are always complaining no matter what the situation.

SHRIMP! don't be scared...come on buddy i'm coming to your sandbox-don't be afraid to come to mine....

Yeah SHRIMP...I'm coming down with a car that I plan on finishing this morning before loading it on the trailer. I'm not scared (I may question myself later about how wise I am). You would probably like a track that doesn't have walls all the way round it. Oh well see you this afternoon...save me some beer and bbq. :D

THANKS GUYS for a great and fun filled season. I will not be joining you for this race. My mother will be leaving for Iraq on the 14th so I figured I better be a good son and spend some time with her. I allready told her that I had another plan for the 6th so I was not going to come up there until the 7th so I guess I can make that (shh I did not tell her it was because of racing)...lol

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to a few.

Lynn Pierce for being the primary sponsor

Luther Pierce for being there for me

All of the aunt's,sis,friends for the Birrmingham group (chris #9 SS) for being big supporters

Brian Calloway, Jim Lynch for having the track for the racers to have fun and get into a little bit of trouble.

Jimmy Meredith for getting me up and running with the motors

Terry's paint and body for getting me back on the track a few times this year and previous years.

Good luck to everybody,

Jay Simon

Archived