goliad track

w2racing

After Turner fixed that track, it was a great 'hotdog' track (2 dragstrips with a SHARP turn at each end). We used to pull 3 1/2 hrs each way every other week to race there. The racers were some of the nicest and best around too. There weren't that many people in the stands (the pit stands often had more people than the grandstands), but the pits were always full of cars. And where else can you pit under a nice big shaddy oak tree in the middle of the summer.

Turner tried to buy the track, but he and the owner couldn't come to terms. Turner went asphalt racing and the owner tried to run it after a short interim leasee tried. They couldn't make it go and the law suit (or threatened law suit---I'm not sure it ever went that far) ended it. But, it was already on the ropes by that time.

WHAT A SHAME. THERE ARE FOND MEMORIES FROM SHADDY OAKS.

Turner went asphalt racing and the owner tried to run it after a short interim leasee tried. They couldn't make it go and the law suit (or threatened law suit---I'm not sure it ever went that far) ended it. But, it was already on the ropes by that time.

I never knew the track opened back up after Bush Hog ran it....I can't say that we have fond memory's of the track when Turner ran it....He sure did not like the competition for his cars...

We raced there when the Goffersions[sp] had the track one of the nicest tracks i've been to felt like you were at the park with your family. It's a shame that it's closed the biggest problem that the track had it was in the middle of no where. It's hard to beleive that some people would sue them but that is the way of the world .

Archived