Limited Modifieds

Hotrodracer

I assumed a limited modified was basically a metric chassis with a modified body. Basically the motor had some small upgrades but everything is pretty much from a pure stock.

If he can bring new racers to the asphalt tracks then I am all for it. But if existing asphalt drivers from SAS, THR, CCMS, or HMP build cars for this class I am not. We don't need to thin out local racing anymore than it already is. We need some new blood, not thinned out.

Jason

Yes the $8,000 would be turn key if you can do a lot of the work yourself. As for being a bomber I dont think that a bomber can turn a 16.23 lap at houston or ave. laps in the 16.4 to 16.7 range lap after lap. We did that when we were testing tires yesterday.

Jason I am not trying to take anything away from the current tracks as far as drivers, but there a few that want to get into another class, wether it is to move up to a limited or down to a limited I dont know. I do know that I will pull quite a few drivers from dirt. If you look at it this way, if I can produce a FULL FIELD of cars (24) then I will have made racing better for the fan. How many classes have a FULL FEILD of cars now???

Thanks for your input!!!

Johnny Smith

jason we have built 2 cars for less than 2000 each minus engines ,the cost savings really get noticed when you don' have to replace body parts or bent suspension parts as often as on dirt , i'm not saying there aren't problems racing on asphalt but the tracks are usually more forgiving if you make a mistake. B)

Yes !! The tires were AWSOME!!! I am sending them back to American Racer and they are sending me a new set. They will sell for around $75.00 each. I belive that if you take care of them & flip thepm & rotate them you can get aroung 350 to 400 laps out of them. Not bad for $75.00.

Out of curiosity what other brands of tires did you test? What compunds? How many laps did you put on the set(s) you tested? What was the most hot laps you put together on one run per set(s)?

Archived