80 & 43 Incident Picture

SASPEEDRACER24

Well according to TSRS rules, looks like it should have been the 43 car's line. He looks to be past the rear bumper. Let me be clear though, While I think it was the 80 car's fault, I also think it was just hard racin. I don't think it was like puntin him. It wasn't a Robbie Gordon move or nothin like that. But with all that beatin and bangin, No wonder the 79 car was able to get by on the outside.

It looks like the 80 and the 4 cars wheels are pointing in a straight line and the 43 car is trying to correct a skid. I didn't see it when it happened but sure doesn't seem like it is the 80 cars fault. Rookie 49, If you get past the bumper in a skid, is it still your line? Looks like the 80 car is in the second lane. :D

much to the crews frustration sometimes, allen was running a low line the entire night, 1/2 a car lower through the turns than most of the leaders were running, he wasn't blocking anybody or running jamie down, so if you were going to get by him it was going to be on the outside, and low and behold thats what joe did. if you want to refer to the picture then i think that proves that more than anything, yeah jamie was up to allens door but thats in the dang turn allen's just not going to hit the brakes and let him cruise on by, and judging by jaime's tires the cars was handling was a little bit upset when he's forcing himself between allen and a lap car.

Picture proves to me that he was drove down on. Looks to me like 43's handling was upset by being hit. Look the point isn't that he was supposed to hit the brakes and let him by, its that he should have given up the line because jamie had gotten so far inside him. saying that because it was in the turn gives some other kind of right to a line more than when you're elsewhere on the track doesn't make sense. Just mydumba-- uneducated $.02. Anyway as others are so fond of saying, They're the only 2 that know.

When is YOUR car going to be ready Johnny? I bet your going to have that aforementioned "long line of people" eagerly awaiting to critique your driving!

Got no favorites in that picture (if the 4 was off the pace), it just looks like they were racin hard and tryin to win to me. Stuff happens.

Larry,

That's really the point I've been trying to make, and not doing a very good job of. As far as my car, well It will be at least the end of next season. Too much work to do building free houses and trying to get this company off on the right foot. But actually I've been thinking I might just find me a touring series to run in, My first pick would be that Coca-Cola, Nextel, Radio Control in the pit garage series. Of course I'm sure you would show up in your pit car and squash my ride. :D And for all those who have any doubt. I do have a biased opinion on this one. ;)

That picture is great Marc, "The heat of the battle"

My guess, for what it is worth, is the 80 and 43 were racing hard for the lead, and about 40-50 feet b4 this pic was taken they made contact. This is what gave the 41 and 79 such a good run on the leaders. Unfortunately it looks like this is where 43 and 41 both cut their tires. I believe 43 had a flat LF, and 41 had a flat RF? Either way it looks like good hard racing, and I'll bet the drivers involved see it the same way too.

Mel

That is a nice pic. but this is not when I was able to get by the 80 car for the lead. It was later when we ran up on the lap car #48. The 80 picked low and I went high off turn four. I think we got by the 41 and the 43 at this point, I am not real sure. As far as who was right or wrong only the 80 and 43 know.

Joe Aramendia

yeah the 41 and 43 had already had their problems when you got past allen. the whole 48 thing though is another story he caused the leaders to have problems twice in this race by not paying attention to his spotter, move over flag or mirror which ever one of those you want to choose. Its not the first time it happened to lloyd in corpus while he was leading and in houston the last race then, he did it to jaimie in corpus while he was leading and erving while he was trying to catch him. As far as allen and jaimie go, i think that all the stuff between the two is attributed to hard racing.

Archived