random thoughts sas 10/16/04

racecar25

first off i want to thank all the drivers and fans for coming to sas to race. thank you!!

the women on wheels needed more cars and the race should only been 10 laps

the sportsman race was good and rather clean, i think it took the longest to sort out who went where after a yellow.

the romco race was good, not many cars but the racing was good and fairly clean.

the pro sedan race was good a lot of cars and it went by in a timely manner.

the tsrs race was umm to say in nicely interesting. i have to watch what i say here..is there not a rule in the tsrs series for jumping the start? a few of those drivers had no patience and i hope the are not gonna run romco anytime soon. that announcer bill sarge mason or whatever is name is needs a new cd collection because his tunes were as bad as the restarts!! i think the 43 car was the man until a certain 80 used his mirror too much...i think the 75 lapper shoulda been run last weekend to take place of the sas late model race.

all in all it was a good nite with a good car count but sometimes the MORE cars doesn't always make for better racing.

hope to see everyone next year if there is indeed an octoberfast at sas....

racecar25

Which songs in particular did you not like?

Should I play more rock? Newer music? Older music? More Country?(God forbid :P) Louder? Softer?

Give me a little more to go on here.

Thanks you Milton Hope for all your help last night. I truly do appreciate it.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, and CD collection ;), will travel.

is there not a rule in the tsrs series for jumping the start? a few of those drivers had no patience ....

i think the 43 car was the man until a certain 80 used his mirror too much...

I agree with both of these statements here.. Jumping the start is almost an understatement. Isn't there also a rule not to pass before you get to the checkered flag or am I being naive? I am not sure on that one, but I saw one car pass 4 cars on the backstretch before taking the green after a yellow... I am still confused about that.. Could someone please clear that up for me? I think the 43 would have had the 80 car had 80 not come down and cut his tire, but that's just my opinion.

i believe in tsrs once the green comes out, its green, pass safely, do not have to cross line to pass. on the 80 and 43 car deal, sure seems like every time 43 gets under a car, they come down on him, very interesting if you ask me. i believe the 80 car was running pretty low on the track to begin with, so there wasnt much under him but apron, and we all know you cant run on the apron. the 80 car left the outside completely open lap after lap, and the only one who used it was the 79 car, and he won the race. nuff said here.

big john

Big John,

TSRS has a jump start rule, no passing until after the s/f line.

The old rule was green means go but you could only pass to the right until after the s/f line. The 2003 rule was changed at the beginning of this season.

Being the victim of 1 I think it was perhaps the non-TSRS-regulars who didn't know the rule.

Unfortunately it was a bad night but when you have 27 cars your bound to have some bad stuff happen unfortuneatly... On a side note I dont think I have seen that many bad incidents in the same part of the track in the same race... All in all there were many things talked about after the race that will be brought up as changes for next year... We will see how that goes...

Marc

Ram#9

Yes, I announced I-37 Speedway this year.

Thanks for the kind words. Pat Green is just about the only Country I have.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

Hardest working race announcer in Texas! Have microphone, will travel.

Archived